Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Configurable Layout designer
Configurable Layout designer [message #5203] Sun, 10 September 2006 18:05 Go to next message
thierry is currently offline  thierry
Promising Member
Hello,

could it be possible to envision having a configurable layout editor?

The wish is to be able to add new user defined controls with their own configuration without needing to recompile ide per package base. Then it would be easy creating a control database.

Using a script language or metamodel definition file (Esc if it can, or XML, or Lua) to generically configure the editor with describing control parameters, preview and code generation would be a big improvement.

I know this is maybe a major redesign of the layout editor, but it shall after reduce quite a lot its maintenance.
Re: Configurable Layout designer [message #5209 is a reply to message #5203] Sun, 10 September 2006 19:03 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
thierry wrote on Sun, 10 September 2006 12:05

Hello,

could it be possible to envision having a configurable layout editor?

The wish is to be able to add new user defined controls with their own configuration without needing to recompile ide per package base. Then it would be easy creating a control database.

Using a script language or metamodel definition file (Esc if it can, or XML, or Lua) to generically configure the editor with describing control parameters, preview and code generation would be a big improvement.

I know this is maybe a major redesign of the layout editor, but it shall after reduce quite a lot its maintenance.

Sure, that is what Esc was in fact designed for (I guess I mentioned that in reply to your email and in this forum Lua thread as well).

See CtrlLib/CtrlLib.usc file or reference/UscCtrl example. .usc files are exactly what you propose.

BTW, it would be nice if somebody could spare a bit of time to add more widget class definitions Smile

Mirek
Previous Topic: German Date Bug
Next Topic: theIDE segmentation fault [FIXED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:35:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04284 seconds