Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » [BUG] Can't always paste images from AppendClipboardImage
[BUG] Can't always paste images from AppendClipboardImage [message #52282] Thu, 29 August 2019 14:10 Go to next message
Maginor is currently offline  Maginor
(Windows 7 & 10)

I can paste images that were copied to clipboard using AppendClipboardImage into the Gimp image editor or MSPaint, but I can't paste them into Slack or gmail.
I can however paste images copied from other sources into Slack or gmail, so the problem is not (at least entirely) on their end.

The specific example I am looking at is the ScatterCtrl library calling WriteCipboardImage.
Re: [BUG] Can't always paste images from AppendClipboardImage [message #52284 is a reply to message #52282] Thu, 29 August 2019 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Testing some more,

it works in internet explorer, just not in Chrome.

I think the issue may be that Chrome and also the Slack app don't accept the CF_DIB clipboard format (though this is hard to actually find out).

So I guess this is more of a feature request (to implement a clipboard format that is more commonly accepted) than it is a bug.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 August 2019 16:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [BUG] Can't always paste images from AppendClipboardImage [message #52288 is a reply to message #52284] Fri, 30 August 2019 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Maginor wrote on Thu, 29 August 2019 16:15
Testing some more,

it works in internet explorer, just not in Chrome.

I think the issue may be that Chrome and also the Slack app don't accept the CF_DIB clipboard format (though this is hard to actually find out).

So I guess this is more of a feature request (to implement a clipboard format that is more commonly accepted) than it is a bug.

Yeah, but what is more common than CF_DIB? Thats the basic format for rasters after all, is not it?

Mirek
Re: [BUG] Can't always paste images from AppendClipboardImage [message #52291 is a reply to message #52282] Fri, 30 August 2019 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know, unfortunately. I tried to do some research on it yesterday, but it was not that easy. Apparently there are also CF_DIBV5, CF_BITMAP and something called a "png" format for clipboard, but I don't know why CF_DIB doesn't work always, and I don't know what other formats would work in e.g. chrome.

All I know is that it would be very useful to be able to paste graphs directly into slack or emails.
Re: [BUG] Can't always paste images from AppendClipboardImage [message #52293 is a reply to message #52291] Fri, 30 August 2019 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Maginor wrote on Fri, 30 August 2019 11:10
I don't know, unfortunately. I tried to do some research on it yesterday, but it was not that easy. Apparently there are also CF_DIBV5, CF_BITMAP and something called a "png" format for clipboard, but I don't know why CF_DIB doesn't work always, and I don't know what other formats would work in e.g. chrome.

All I know is that it would be very useful to be able to paste graphs directly into slack or emails.

I have tried adding png image format to clipboard, but that does not seem to fix the issue. My guess is that this is not format related, what the reason is I am completely clueless for now....

Mirek
Re: [BUG] Can't always paste images from AppendClipboardImage [message #52308 is a reply to message #52293] Tue, 03 September 2019 11:11 Go to previous message
Ok. Thank you for having a look at it!
Previous Topic: SOLVED: icon no longer shows
Next Topic: Drag&Drop seem to fail in Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:32:44 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01569 seconds