Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » MSSQL TCP ports
MSSQL TCP ports [message #53623] Thu, 16 April 2020 10:32 Go to next message
Giorgio is currently offline  Giorgio
Experienced Member
Hi there,
I've been using the MSSQL ODBC driver to connect to the database of a software developed by a third party. Basically, I have just to import a table, so just to read data. The database is hosted in a remote server managed by the party that developed the application and we connect to that server through a VPN connection. When the application I developed runs in the third party premises works perfectly, but when I connect through VPN I got the following error: "ERROR: Expected number: oft][ODBC SQL Server". The problem is that due to the sysadmin paranoia, they open ports in the VPN connections only if requested. I managed to have the sysadmin to open some port, so now I can use SQL Server Management Studio to access the data base (TCP port 1433), but the application I developed still doesn't work.

What are the ports I should ask to open to use MSSQL through U++?

Thanks,
gio
Re: MSSQL TCP ports [message #53624 is a reply to message #53623] Thu, 16 April 2020 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Giorgio wrote on Thu, 16 April 2020 10:32
Hi there,
I've been using the MSSQL ODBC driver to connect to the database of a software developed by a third party. Basically, I have just to import a table, so just to read data. The database is hosted in a remote server managed by the party that developed the application and we connect to that server through a VPN connection. When the application I developed runs in the third party premises works perfectly, but when I connect through VPN I got the following error: "ERROR: Expected number: oft][ODBC SQL Server". The problem is that due to the sysadmin paranoia, they open ports in the VPN connections only if requested. I managed to have the sysadmin to open some port, so now I can use SQL Server Management Studio to access the data base (TCP port 1433), but the application I developed still doesn't work.

What are the ports I should ask to open to use MSSQL through U++?

Thanks,
gio

If it works with SQL Studion, it should work with U++ too => problem is somewhere else.
Re: MSSQL TCP ports [message #53625 is a reply to message #53624] Thu, 16 April 2020 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giorgio is currently offline  Giorgio
Experienced Member
It turned out that I had to specify the port i.e. add ",1433" after the server name, so the connection string should be like "Server=servername\\instance,1433;".
Re: MSSQL TCP ports [message #53626 is a reply to message #53625] Thu, 16 April 2020 12:47 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Giorgio wrote on Thu, 16 April 2020 12:17
It turned out that I had to specify the port i.e. add ",1433" after the server name, so the connection string should be like "Server=servername\\instance,1433;".

Glad to hear it works now Smile

Mirek
Previous Topic: MSSQL Exception Handling
Next Topic: Schema files, layouts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:43:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01306 seconds