Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » 2020.1 officially released
Re: 2020.1 officially released [message #54255 is a reply to message #54171] Tue, 16 June 2020 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Fri, 05 June 2020 03:34
Novo wrote on Thu, 04 June 2020 21:14
Another interesting observation. Size of executable.

mingw:
:~/.local/soft/bb-worker/worker/mingw-upp/build/.cache/upp.out/CLANG.Blitz.Gui.Win32$ ll AK.exe 
-rwx------ 1 ssg ssg 2541056 Jun  4 14:56 AK.exe*

Not sure what is "mingw" here... Do you mean llvm-mingw toolchain in crosscompile mode?

If yes, could you activate Verbose mode and compare all compiler/linker options?

Mirek

In my "wine" configuration I was using settings taken from a bm-file shipped with Upp.
They do not look optimal to me now ...

Regards,
Novo
Re: 2020.1 officially released: minor String bug? [message #54280 is a reply to message #53839] Thu, 18 June 2020 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luoganda is currently offline  luoganda
Experienced Member
It seems that there is one thing missing in String - one of Insert flavour, that is:
void Insert(int pos, const char *s, int count).
Hmm - has no one ever used this func Smile. Maybe i am wrong about this - maybe this was fixed, although when i used it - it didn't compiled correctly - i think count and s were reversed. Just to check..

This compiled on one not so old revision, meaning one wrote code that was meant in one way but compiled ok in wrong way.

WString has this: void Insert(int pos, const wchar *s, int count), it seems String does not.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 June 2020 14:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2020.1 officially released: minor String bug? [message #54281 is a reply to message #54280] Thu, 18 June 2020 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
luoganda wrote on Thu, 18 June 2020 14:54
It seems that there is one thing missing in String - one of Insert flavour, that is:
void Insert(int pos, const char *s, int count).
Hmm - has no one ever used this func Smile. Maybe i am wrong about this - maybe this was fixed, although when i used it - it didn't compiled correctly - i think count and s were reversed. Just to check..

This compiled on one not so old revision, meaning one wrote code that was meant in one way but compiled ok in wrong way.

WString has this: void Insert(int pos, const wchar *s, int count), it seems String does not.

This works:

CONSOLE_APP_MAIN
{
	String x = "1234";
	x.Insert(1, "ABCD", 2);
	DDUMP(x);
}

are you sure?
Re: 2020.1 officially released [message #54367 is a reply to message #53839] Tue, 07 July 2020 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giorgio is currently offline  Giorgio
Experienced Member
Hi there,
thanks for this new release.

I'm trying to compile an application of mine with the latest version of Visual Studio that compiles fine with 2019.2. I tried with MSVS19x64, MSVS19, MSVS15x64 (debug and release mode)on Windows 10and I got the following error: "c2872: 'Ref': ambiguous symbol". It appears in the .sch file, each time the keyword "TABLE_" appears.

Anyone experienced the same problem?

Tahnks,
gio
Re: 2020.1 officially released [message #54370 is a reply to message #54367] Tue, 07 July 2020 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
No and I am doing a lot of .sch.

I guess this is some corner case, could you post some testcase? I guess your current .sch file and c++ that you are using to include it would be fine.
Re: 2020.1 officially released [message #54373 is a reply to message #54370] Wed, 08 July 2020 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi,
the application I developed it's quite structured: there are about 15 different packages (each package access some tables of a PostgreSQL DB) and one main "wrapping" packages that contains the main menu of the application. The app is composed by the "wrapping" package (always): other packages are included or not in the application during compilation (depending on the user I'm compiling for). If I create a test case stripping down the application to the bare minimum (only the "wrapping" package with the .sch file) it compiles without problems.

Each package includes a .h file as follows:

#include <PostgreSQL/PostgreSQL.h>
#define SCHEMADIALECT <PostgreSQL/PostgreSQLSchema.h>
#define MODEL "path/to/file.sch"

If I do not include it I got compilation errors (basically the compiler does not recognize the name of the SqlIds).

So basically, I think that I use the wrong method to include the schema file in the packages: what should be the right way to do that?
Re: 2020.1 officially released [message #54379 is a reply to message #54373] Wed, 08 July 2020 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, thinking about it, I would begin with what it says: Ref being ambiguous.

Do you define anything named "Ref" in your application? Do you have any namespaces and/or using namespace ?

Mirek
Re: 2020.1 officially released [message #54387 is a reply to message #54379] Thu, 09 July 2020 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi Mirek,
I do use namespace in my application, but I do not use something called 'Ref'.

The error of the compiler actually says that the ambiguity is between 'Upp::Ref' or 'Eigen::Ref'.

By the way, I think I have fixed the problem. In my application the include of the SCHEMA file and related headers (ref. https://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$Sql$BasicUse_en-us.html) was very messy: there was an include file who collected some other headers, but in some case this was included in a third header. I didn't care very much till today, 'cause everything was working. So I cleaned up the mess and it came up that the problem was the following line:

#include <ScatterCtrl/ScatterCtrl.h>

If I include the above header before the header related to the schema file, I got the error, if I put the schema before and then the ScatterDraw it works fine.

Bye,
gio
Re: 2020.1 officially released [message #54403 is a reply to message #54387] Mon, 13 July 2020 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Giorgio wrote on Thu, 09 July 2020 14:54
Hi Mirek,
I do use namespace in my application, but I do not use something called 'Ref'.

The error of the compiler actually says that the ambiguity is between 'Upp::Ref' or 'Eigen::Ref'.

By the way, I think I have fixed the problem. In my application the include of the SCHEMA file and related headers (ref. https://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$Sql$BasicUse_en-us.html) was very messy: there was an include file who collected some other headers, but in some case this was included in a third header. I didn't care very much till today, 'cause everything was working. So I cleaned up the mess and it came up that the problem was the following line:

#include <ScatterCtrl/ScatterCtrl.h>

If I include the above header before the header related to the schema file, I got the error, if I put the schema before and then the ScatterDraw it works fine.

Bye,
gio

Well, it looks like schema sources would be better with full qualification of ids (Upp::Ref). Will fix that for the next release.
Re: 2020.1 officially released [message #54404 is a reply to message #53839] Mon, 13 July 2020 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pvictor is currently offline  pvictor
Hello.

I noticed one strange thing: Assist doesn't show methods of Ctrl.
For example, when I type Ctrl:: - nothing appears,
and when I type Button:: - only methods of Button and Pusher appear:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6149&private=0

Version: 14656 (64 bit) (GCC) (C++11) (C++14) (Gtk)

Best regards,
Victor
  • Attachment: aaa.png
    (Size: 7.62KB, Downloaded 344 times)
Re: 2020.1 officially released [message #54405 is a reply to message #54404] Tue, 14 July 2020 10:23 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
pvictor wrote on Mon, 13 July 2020 18:51
Hello.

I noticed one strange thing: Assist doesn't show methods of Ctrl.
For example, when I type Ctrl:: - nothing appears,
and when I type Button:: - only methods of Button and Pusher appear:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6149&private=0

Version: 14656 (64 bit) (GCC) (C++11) (C++14) (Gtk)

Best regards,
Victor

This does not really belong into this thread, 14656 is not 2020.1...

This bug was already fixed in 14661.

Mirek
Previous Topic: get_i
Next Topic: theide: New Threads tab in PDB debugger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:07:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02155 seconds