Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Support for mouse fw/bk buttons
Support for mouse fw/bk buttons [message #55521] Thu, 19 November 2020 11:21 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
CtrlCore now supports those additional mouse buttons that are on the side of the mouse and have forward/backward meaning.

Pressing translates to Key events with K_MOUSE_FORWARD and K_MOUSE_BACKWARD keycodes.

The CtrlCore supports this in Win32 and Linux/gtk. I will check MacOS later...

On application side, so far I have added support to:

theide navigation
helpwindow navigation
backward button does "dir up" in filesel - that is temporary solution, filesel will need history added for the full support...

Please suggest other widgets / situations which would benefit from these buttons!
Re: Support for mouse fw/bk buttons [message #55523 is a reply to message #55521] Thu, 19 November 2020 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
FileSel now supports fw button too....
Re: Support for mouse fw/bk buttons [message #55532 is a reply to message #55521] Fri, 20 November 2020 00:24 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

This is the perfect addition to people that has moues with additional buttons (backward & forward). Thanks for implementing this? I am wonder if the mac implementation will respect back gesture on touchpad - would be great! For you that doesn't know how the moues with this specific buttons looks like here is the link to google graphics.

I think the support for the controls you have mentioned are sufficient. The only thing I would change is to add buttons for backward and forward in file sel implementation. Limiting this functionality only to mouse owners is not optimal!

I also found some bugs in the current backward forward implementation inside CodeEditor and Help in TheIDE. It just adds additional entries for some reason in certain situation or opening .tpp file is not registered etc. It is issue not related to this change.

I think we should also add somwhere in documentation K_MOUSE_FORWARD and K_MOUSE_BACKWARD documentation. Do we have documentation for keys? In the enum below some entries are obvious, but some might need clarification (K_DELTA):
enum {
	K_DELTA        = 0x010000,

K_ALT          = 0x080000,
	K_SHIFT        = 0x040000,
	K_CTRL         = 0x020000,

K_KEYUP        = 0x100000,

K_MOUSEMIDDLE  = 0x200000,
	K_MOUSERIGHT   = 0x400000,
	K_MOUSELEFT    = 0x800000,
	K_MOUSEDOUBLE  = 0x1000000,
	K_MOUSETRIPLE  = 0x2000000,

K_SHIFT_CTRL = K_SHIFT|K_CTRL,

#ifdef PLATFORM_COCOA // NOT Sure this should be under ifdef - this is just definition...
	K_OPTION       = 0x4000000,
#endif

IK_DBL_CLICK   = 0x40000001, // this is just to get the info that the entry is equal to dbl-click to the menu

K_MOUSE_FORWARD = 0x80000001,
	K_MOUSE_BACKWARD = 0x80000002,
};

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 November 2020 00:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: FileSel improvements
Next Topic: Range based loop over widget children
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:27:52 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01294 seconds