FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Newbie question - calendar view question
Newbie question - calendar view question [message #55865] Thu, 24 December 2020 04:12
Satyaa is currently offline  Satyaa
Hi. New to U++ as well as C++. I am coming from Java background.

I went through the initial couple of tutorials. I was able to re-create the Hello World and Days tutorials. I am struggling to figure out how to get started with my project. Please help.

The Java application that I am trying to replicate consists of a square console window, roughly divided into four equal parts.

* The top left has a grid panel layout for Gregorian calendar (7x7 buttons, similar to the puzzle example)

* The bottom left has a text panel with text information for the selected date button from that grid (when the application starts, it defaults to today).

* The top right has another 7x7 grid panel for a different calendar.

* The bottom right is again a text panel with detailed information on the selected day from the top right calendar.

When a button in either grid is clicked, my Java code calls a function passing that button number. It then re-calculates both sides and populates the text panels with details. The end goal is to make this a mobile app with the left and right sides as possibly two screens.

What I need help with is a high level idea on how to get started. What assembly template should I start with, what should be the components that I should create for the 7x7 grids and text panels, etc.

Suggestions with steps 1, 2, ...n should get me started reading up on those functions and trying something.

Thanks a lot for the help!
Previous Topic: Debug No Longer Works
Next Topic: AESStream cause of error in GUI TopWindow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:53:24 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01654 seconds