Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » 2021.1 rc
2021.1 rc [message #56941] Sun, 02 May 2021 17:59 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Uploaded to https://sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/2021.1rc1/

Please test. If there are no issues detected, this will become 2021.1 in a couple of days.

Release highlights
New system for 3rd party modules, "UppHub": independently developed U++ modules residing in Git repositories now can be seamlessly integrated, including automatic installation of missing packages if they are in the UppHub.

Core
double NAN and INF values are now considered Null (IsNull returns true for them).
FileSystemInfo now returns volume names of network drives
Improvements in FindFile
String middle tier heap handling optimised
U++ does not require MemoryFreeThread call at the end of thread (it is now implemented using thread_local destructor)
Core/SSH: the underlying libssh2 library is upgraded to v. 1.9.0

CtrlCore
New C++ style for iteration of widget children now possible for(Ctrl& q : widget)
Pen support (pressure, tilt etc...)

RichText, RichEdit
1.15 line spacing support
JPEG raw image data is now exported to PDF as JPEG (instead of recoding)

TheIDE
Context goto now support AK_ key definitions
TheIDE now contains credentials manager for git and svn (including github tokens)
Various improvements to text comparison dialogs - ability to copy and delete individual lines between versions, filtering by file time (for directory comparison).
Repo history of .upp files directly available via package context menu
Open package dialog filtering options redesigned
New function to copy positions as text to clipboard (e.g. "RichEdit/Modify.cpp:27") and go to such position based on clipboard content. Useful for communication between developers.
Some common nest root files like README.md or LICENSE are now directly accessible through <meta> pseudo-package.
TheIDE/umk build flags MAKE_LIB and MAKE_MLIB force generation of library instead of executable.
New "Merge nests" function (in Package organizer) copies all used packages that are not in the first nest of assembly into the first nest. In U++, first nest usually contains the application code whole while other nests contain libraries (U++ or 3rd party libraries). This function is intended to "freeze" the non-application code before releasing / tagging / branching to reduce the chance that a change of that code does not break the application.
TheIDE now can "Open terminal" at various directories (output directory, package directory, source file directory etc...), with PATH augmented with current build executable directories.
Support for .md (markdown) format
Improved debugger threads tab
Support for override in virtual methods dialog
Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down now moving the line or block of text up/down

Win32
Now ships with minimal git (mingit) implementation
CLANG now at version 11.0.0

Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56948 is a reply to message #56941] Mon, 03 May 2021 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

I tried a fresh install of 2021.1 rc (15939), but it froze for several minutes on first startup showing progress 'Working: Search engines setup'. This is likely caused by my development computer not having an internet connection most of the time. Would it be possible to remove this requirement for internet connection from TheIDE? E.g. setup the search engines only on first search or something...?

I did not have this issue when recently installing 15931.

Best regards,

Tom

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2021 10:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56949 is a reply to message #56948] Mon, 03 May 2021 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Tom1 wrote on Mon, 03 May 2021 09:51
Hi,

I tried a fresh install of 15940, but it froze for several minutes on first startup showing progress 'Working: Search engines setup'. I did not have this issue when installing 15931. This is likely caused by my development computer not having an internet connection most of the time. Would it be possible to remove this requirement for internet connection from TheIDE? E.g. setup the search engines only on first use...?

Best regards,

Tom

Good catch, thank you.
Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56951 is a reply to message #56948] Mon, 03 May 2021 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Tom1 wrote on Mon, 03 May 2021 09:51
Hi,

I tried a fresh install of 2021.1 rc (15939), but it froze for several minutes on first startup showing progress 'Working: Search engines setup'. This is likely caused by my development computer not having an internet connection most of the time. Would it be possible to remove this requirement for internet connection from TheIDE? E.g. setup the search engines only on first search or something...?

I did not have this issue when recently installing 15931.

Best regards,

Tom

I have tried to make Cancel of that process much easier. Can you try with trunk? (Maybe with nightly tomorrow if you do not want to build it...)
Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56952 is a reply to message #56951] Mon, 03 May 2021 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Thanks Mirek,

Cancel works well here!

Best regards,

Tom
Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56954 is a reply to message #56952] Mon, 03 May 2021 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I just found that HasGit function returns false on macOS even if git and svn is installed. It blocks launching UppHub from Setup -> UppHub. The line that return false on macOS is (idebar.cpp - 388):
	menu.Add(HasGit(), "UppHub..", IdeImg::UppHub(), [] { UppHub(); });

Also HasGit is looking for svn on POSIX instead of git:
bool HasGit()
{
	String dummy;
	static bool b = Sys("svn", dummy) >= 0;
	return b;
}

On macOS default command for svn might return different end value than greater than zero.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 May 2021 16:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56955 is a reply to message #56954] Mon, 03 May 2021 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Thanks, I have fixed HasGit and it seems MacOS is OK now.
Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56964 is a reply to message #56941] Tue, 04 May 2021 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hi,

I've found out that the compare directories feature can freeze the ide when loading and/or comparing tpp files. If I try to compare two tpp files (say,local ide/ app.tpp/UppHub_en-us.tpp and the svn version of the same file), IDE hangs for a very long time and CPU usage spikes up. It makes it almost impossible to compare/apply the changes in big tpp files. This is reproducible at least on Linux.(I'll check it on windows later)

Best regards,
Oblivion

Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56967 is a reply to message #56964] Tue, 04 May 2021 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Oblivion wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 10:12
Hi,

I've found out that the compare directories feature can freeze the ide when loading and/or comparing tpp files. If I try to compare two tpp files (say,local ide/ app.tpp/UppHub_en-us.tpp and the svn version of the same file), IDE hangs for a very long time and CPU usage spikes up. It makes it almost impossible to compare/apply the changes in big tpp files. This is reproducible at least on Linux.(I'll check it on windows later)

Best regards,
Oblivion

Just to be clear, the problem is when you want to see difference between two .tpp files, not when comparing directories (to get list of different files)?

I mean, the list loads and you get stuck when clicking on the file?
Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56968 is a reply to message #56967] Tue, 04 May 2021 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Quote:

Yes, this is the problem. (Sorry for being somewhat unclear about it.)

Best regards,
Oblivion

Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56970 is a reply to message #56968] Tue, 04 May 2021 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Oblivion wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 16:00
Quote:

Yes, this is the problem. (Sorry for being somewhat unclear about it.)

Best regards,
Oblivion

I have just tried, but could not reproduce. Perhaps it is specific file? Are you clicking tpp or tppi? What file?
Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56971 is a reply to message #56970] Tue, 04 May 2021 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Quote:
I have just tried, but could not reproduce. Perhaps it is specific file? Are you clicking tpp or tppi? What file?

UppHup.tpp. This file was old. I didn't bother updating for long time. Still, the file is displayed correctly only when I switch the "split long lines" on. Otherwise it hangs.

I bave attached the file if you like to inspect what's wrong with it. (Something to do with line endings?)

Best regards,
Oblivion

Re: 2021.1 rc [message #56973 is a reply to message #56971] Tue, 04 May 2021 23:15 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Thanks. It was very interesting bug... (check log). Should be now fixed.
Previous Topic: 2021.1 (alpha)
Next Topic: 2021.1 rc2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:38:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01522 seconds