Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Not really sure where to put this: How to compile U++ library as a DLL?
Not really sure where to put this: How to compile U++ library as a DLL? [message #5756] Fri, 13 October 2006 07:36 Go to next message
arixion is currently offline  arixion
Promising Member

Hey, is there any way to compile U++ lib as a DLL? I am trying to integrate UPP support into Irrlicht, but I realize it would be cumbersome if I needed to compile the Irrlicht Library together with the UPP lib (and the creators of Irrlicht would probably object to accepting such a massive patch to their code). It would be hence preferable if I could just dll-include Ctrl-Lib, rather than Irrlicht. Btw, where are things like compiler-switches for various packages, assemblies and nests stored?
Re: Not really sure where to put this: How to compile U++ library as a DLL? [message #5757 is a reply to message #5756] Fri, 13 October 2006 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
arixion wrote on Fri, 13 October 2006 01:36

Hey, is there any way to compile U++ lib as a DLL? I am trying to integrate UPP support into Irrlicht, but I realize it would be cumbersome if I needed to compile the Irrlicht Library together with the UPP lib (and the creators of Irrlicht would probably object to accepting such a massive patch to their code). It would be hence preferable if I could just dll-include Ctrl-Lib, rather than Irrlicht. Btw, where are things like compiler-switches for various packages, assemblies and nests stored?

I am not a big expert here, but I know Tom and Daniel in past used U++ to produce .dll plugins to other systems (e.g. OLE controls, Maya plugins etc.)

The basic thing to do is to alter the main configuration - where you have "GUI" now in the tool bar, click on the "GUI" and then click on the single line with "GUI" in the "Main configuration" dialog until you see a button with ">" arrow. Click that and you should get a dialog where there is switch between "Executable" and "Dynamic library".

Mirek
Re: Not really sure where to put this: How to compile U++ library as a DLL? [message #7912 is a reply to message #5756] Wed, 31 January 2007 11:02 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
arixion wrote on Fri, 13 October 2006 07:36

Hello Arixion,

have you succeded with Irrlicht?

Luigi
Previous Topic: assign enum to variable?
Next Topic: How to compile a upp program in MS Visual Studio?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:06:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02445 seconds