Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » UPT: enhancement suggestion
UPT: enhancement suggestion [message #5770] Sat, 14 October 2006 15:11 Go to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
This is an updated and corrected version of a post which I had sent to Mirek.

Maybe it had better go into "U++ 'under development' Classes/Packages" but I can't find an appropriate topic. (I'm going to report this to a moderator.)

I once again suggest to enhance the UPT handling, this time by adding another template item "text" ("TEMPLATEITEM_TEXT").

What you can do with UPTs, increases dramatically when you can use strings with any character. The template items "id" and "filename" suffer from filtering. Using the template item "select" would make it far to difficult to handle the selection.

After all the suggested change requires the modification of just 7 lines of code, 1 in "UppDlg.h":

enum { TEMPLATEITEM_ID, TEMPLATEITEM_FILENAME, TEMPLATEITEM_OPTION, TEMPLATEITEM_SELECT, TEMPLATEITEM_TEXT };

and 6 in "Template.cpp":

static char *nm[] = { "id", "filename", "option", "select", "text" };
case TEMPLATEITEM_TEXT: {
    EditField *e = new EditField;
    ctrl.Add(e);
    break;
}

Werner

Re: UPT: enhancement suggestion [message #5775 is a reply to message #5770] Sun, 15 October 2006 13:35 Go to previous message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
Werner wrote on Sat, 14 October 2006 15:11

This is an updated and corrected version of a post which I had sent to Mirek.

After all the suggested change requires the modification of just 7 lines of code, 1 in "UppDlg.h":

and 6 in "Template.cpp":

case TEMPLATEITEM_TEXT: {
    EditField *e = new EditField;
    ctrl.Add(e);
    break;
}

Mirek,

as far as I can see, in modification block 1324 "Template.cpp" still needs the above-mentioned completion.

This is certainly my fault. Embarassed In my first message (directly to you) I mentioned only 2 lines to be changed, but 7 lines would have been correct. Sorry.

Werner

Previous Topic: upp-610-dev1 build error
Next Topic: Feature request: Copy and paste layouts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:28:33 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02193 seconds