Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » All the Fix need right now for web (my opinion) (This are all my options.)
All the Fix need right now for web (my opinion) [message #58453] Tue, 24 May 2022 05:55 Go to next message
Sayem is currently offline  Sayem
Promising Member
Hi. I have been inspecting the website for a while to see what's wrong with the page. It looks like it's a bit old and out dated. Here are the top things that should be fixed. All are my opinions

Redirect to Subdomain

Forums and Docs are probably be better if separated from the actual website to make it look more cleaner and organized. Instead of www.ultimatepp.org/forums you can redirect to forums.ultimatepp.org and docs.ultimatepp.org

Redesigning the layout

The actual website is a bit old. It will be better if it gets a bit of redesigning to bring it's old page to life. If the actual page uses topic++ the. I think it will be a better showcase for what the U++ is capable of. If you use other front end framework like Angular, React, Vue and other, then it will have endless possibilities to make the website look a new site.

Mobile users needs help

The site does not adjust well with mobile. It still looks like desktop. Currently I am writing this in my mobile device cause I use U++ on my PC and see the Documentations in mobile. It would be better if fixed. It is really quite easy to do. I can help you with that.

URL is not good

Many URL is using $ and other not friendly symbols with gibberish words that is really hard for readability. It would be better if fixed it. Again, you can make it better by using U++ to see what it is capable of or use web frameworks

Updating the documents

The Documentations looks out dated and the screenshot of some some of it are not there as it needs to be and some of them are very old. Some documents are not fully completed like Icon Designer and some are messed up like the turtle article is the same as the word web but missing the other parts.

Social Media errors

You only have Facebook that no one uses that much. I highly recommend removing the Facebook from the website and use (YouTube, Twitter, Reddit) this 3 ones. YouTube for tutorial as I cannot find any video tutorials about U++ So it is time to shine. Twitter for future development and other updates that will make your community hyped. Last of all, Reddit. Community can show problems to your Reddit page and other will fix it for you or will give them Documentations link. It is so much balanced and effective.

Forum Changing

This forum needs some serious changing cause as it is extremely outdated and uses fudforum. I think this is where skylark can shine. It has so much possibilities to put in.

I can help you anyway I can. I am a Very Simple Web Developer and love to use U++

You can ask for any help with the above.

Sincerely,
The name is in my profile Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2022 10:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: All the Fix need right now for web (my opinion) [message #58473 is a reply to message #58453] Mon, 30 May 2022 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Sayem,

The true thing is that we do not have much time for a website, but if you are eager to help. You are welcome. The website source code is available in the main repo. You could find it under uppbox/uppweb. Play we it and if you find something to improve just create PR, we will review it.

You could also try to write new site from scratch. The only requirement is that all the data must stay as it is. There are no magic behind it. We are scanning all available .tpp files (also that in uppbox/uppweb) and create website from it. If you provide new website and new generator app, please let us know. We will review it and we will give you our feedback. In the best case we will replace our old one with yours.

What you shouldn't do at the moment is forum. This is difficult to change. The main requirement we have for new forum is that old date from the old one should be present in the new one. Let's assume that you want to write custom solution in Upp. In addition to that you will need to write migrator. It won't be easy task, and will take some time. I think everything will take around 2-3 years for single developer.

Regards,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: All the Fix need right now for web (my opinion) [message #58475 is a reply to message #58473] Tue, 31 May 2022 05:10 Go to previous message
Sayem is currently offline  Sayem
Promising Member
Thank you for the advice. I will first write the documents for the articles that are missing or not fully completed. Like the Icon Designer, Skylark etc. Might take 2 months and and I will put it just as you say.
Previous Topic: Nightly builds have disappeared
Next Topic: c++ library version update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:44:04 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01923 seconds