Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » TheIDE on the Wikipedia
TheIDE on the Wikipedia [message #58570] Thu, 23 June 2022 09:12 Go to next message
Sayem is currently offline  Sayem
Promising Member
I have created TheIDE page on Wikipedia. It is still in work but here it is.
TheIDE

Unfortunately it is drafted. So it will be helpful if someone knows well about the IDE or anyone to expand it.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6622&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 23 June 2022 18:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIDE on the Wikipedia [message #58571 is a reply to message #58570] Fri, 24 June 2022 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Sayem,

This is good direction - TheIDE should definitely has it's own dedicated article on Wikipedia. In context what could be written you can compare it with other articles that refer to the same topic. For example the main description of QTCreator looks very good. You could write that we are supporting three compilers MSVC, Clang, GCC. Screenshot with information table will be much appreciate.

JavaScript as a language could also be added. Skylar (our web framework) requires it.

You could publish initial version and we will review. Changes on the wiki could be done anytime.

Thanks for helping with that! Together we are stronger!

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2022 13:34]

Re: TheIDE on the Wikipedia [message #58572 is a reply to message #58571] Fri, 24 June 2022 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Sqyme one more time,

If you know other languages that English you could create port U++ article and TheIDE to that language. It will be helpful and it will encourage people with knowledge of that language to try our solution.

Klugier

Re: TheIDE on the Wikipedia [message #58575 is a reply to message #58572] Fri, 24 June 2022 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sayem is currently offline  Sayem
Promising Member
Well I know a handful of languages, but I strongly know 3 languages (including English). I will definitely translate once the page is completed

Thanks for mentioning
Re: TheIDE on the Wikipedia [message #58600 is a reply to message #58570] Fri, 01 July 2022 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello,

I would be happy to translate it to French Very Happy
Re: TheIDE on the Wikipedia [message #58601 is a reply to message #58600] Fri, 01 July 2022 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Xemuth,

There is a need of translating U++ article to French, also. This is right now far more important than TheIDE article, which is not ready yet. It should give us additional audience speaking this language. Also, we should rename Ultimate++ to U++ at some moment. I mostly eliminated the first name from our site.

Sayem, in context of TheIDE article you should remove Macro Manager in the features section. Macro Manager is TheIde extension manager not a tool. You could even wrote about it in separate section like "Extensibility".

Klugier

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2022 10:36]

Re: TheIDE on the Wikipedia [message #58602 is a reply to message #58601] Fri, 01 July 2022 11:31 Go to previous message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Klugier wrote on Fri, 01 July 2022 10:35

There is a need of translating U++ article to French, also. This is right now far more important than TheIDE article, which is not ready yet. It should give us additional audience speaking this language. Also, we should rename Ultimate++ to U++ at some moment. I mostly eliminated the first name from our site.

I will translate it tonight
Previous Topic: c++ library version update
Next Topic: Wikipedia - name change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:14:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01982 seconds