FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » MacOS status and M2 question
MacOS status and M2 question [message #59722] Thu, 23 March 2023 09:53 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
MacOS compiles again, but still has some problems:

- assist++ with libclang does not work (investigating)
- there is an interesting new issue with Monterey - splitters, when moved to the edge of window, become insensitive as MacOS is using the same area, INSIDE window client, to resize the window.
- would be nice to produce fat binaries

WRT the last point, I am still undecided whether to have 3rd box (M2 mac mini) on my table (well, box is not that much of a problem, 3rd keyboard is. 3 way keyboard switch would be nice....). That said, I believe I could develop fat binaries on what I have, is there anybody with M2 to test them though? Actually, I believe that toolchain produces native code anyway by default, so all you have to test for now is to compile something in current macos U++... (the question to answer here is whether U++ code compiles correctly for M2. It should, it works on Rapsberry PI just fine..)

Mirek
Re: MacOS status and M2 question [message #59731 is a reply to message #59722] Mon, 27 March 2023 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Another option is cross-compilation.

osxcross - Mac OS X cross toolchain for Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Android.
WHAT CAN BE BUILT WITH IT?

Basically everything you can build on macOS with clang/gcc should build with this cross toolchain as well.

I tried to use it several years back. Had some issues with U++.
IMHO, it makes a lot of sense to make U++ work with osxcross.

Regards,
Novo
Re: MacOS status and M2 question [message #59732 is a reply to message #59722] Mon, 27 March 2023 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
A DisplayPort KVM Switch can be handy in your situation. A 4-port one off ebay can cost ~$100.
I used KVM Switches in the past before VMs got popular.

Regards,
Novo
Re: MacOS status and M2 question [message #59738 is a reply to message #59732] Wed, 29 March 2023 17:11 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Mon, 27 March 2023 16:06
A DisplayPort KVM Switch can be handy in your situation. A 4-port one off ebay can cost ~$100.
I used KVM Switches in the past before VMs got popular.

Yeah, well, got 4-PC / 3-USB switch.. Works great with normal PCs (Windows/Linux). Then got M2 mac mini. Of course the switch does not work with Mac... Sad (But what did I expect, my apple experience was always crappy...)
Previous Topic: x86_64 compilation error under Catalina
Next Topic: Fat binaries: good news and bad news
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:26:17 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02207 seconds