Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » wxWidgets Grid sizers like Ctrl
wxWidgets Grid sizers like Ctrl [message #59718] Wed, 22 March 2023 01:26 Go to next message
Mountacir is currently offline  Mountacir
I made something similar to wxWidgets grid sizer out of Splitter Ctrl GridLayout. You can specify the number of columns and the rows will be added depending on the number of added Ctrls. GridLayout can be nested as you wish for complex grid layouts.

All i did was striping down the Splitter Ctrl to its bare minimum then making it stack added Ctrls by colmuns. Very Happy
index.php?t=getfile&id=6789&private=0

[Updated on: Wed, 22 March 2023 01:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: wxWidgets Grid sizers like Ctrl [message #59719 is a reply to message #59718] Wed, 22 March 2023 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Mountacir,

That's good to hear and thanks for this contribution we need more people like you! I think your package is ideal for the purpose of UppHub. However some small adjustments will be needed
- Instead of having GridLayout_example put it into directory examples/GridLayout. For reference you can see MessageCtrl repo layout.
- In readme please change "wxWidgets Sizers like Ctrl for Ultimatepp framework" to "wxWidgets Sizers like Ctrl for U++ framework". Add link to our site.
- You can consider renaming your ctrl to GridLayoutCtrl for compaibility with SplitterCtrl and ParentCtrl. Also, if you decieded to do it please consider reanming your repo

I like that you made integration with layout designer. Good job with that!

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: wxWidgets Grid sizers like Ctrl [message #59720 is a reply to message #59718] Thu, 23 March 2023 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thank you very much Klugier.
Very happy to contribute and glad this Ctrl is eligible for UppHub.
I did all the modification you mentioned.
Re: wxWidgets Grid sizers like Ctrl [message #59724 is a reply to message #59720] Thu, 23 March 2023 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

It looks much more better, but you forget to rename "examples/GridLayout" to "examples/GridLayoutCtrl". When you fix it I will add your package to UppHub.

Klugier

Re: wxWidgets Grid sizers like Ctrl [message #59725 is a reply to message #59718] Sat, 25 March 2023 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Sorry i missed that one.
I renamed it to "examples/GridLayoutCtrl_example" to avoid confusion, is it okay?

Thank you.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 March 2023 04:50]

Re: wxWidgets Grid sizers like Ctrl [message #59766 is a reply to message #59725] Mon, 10 April 2023 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I think you can rename to "examples/GridLayoutCtrlExample" for consistency with other UppHub packages. BTW, can you change description to something more concrete and more descriptive "wxWidgets Sizers like Ctrl for U++ framework.". I would also avoid wxWidgets in description and the context is only known to people that are familiar with that framework Smile

Your package landed on UppHub. The only think that we can consider to change is:
- moving from experimental to stable. I think your control is pretty new, but if you do not plan to do big modification with API changes then we can put it as stable. However, still I suggest keeping it for some time under experimental status. Nobody knows what will be the feedback if more people will start using it.
- changing the description - currently it is "Dynamic layout control", but it would be good to have something better. Once your repo will have reasonable description I will replace it on UppHub.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6795&private=0

Edit: I verified compilation of example and it doesn't work when downloaded from UppHub. The problem is with the path to layout file. You should replace:
#define LAYOUTFILE <GridLayoutCtrl_example/GridLayoutCtrl_example.lay>

to
#define LAYOUTFILE <examples/GridLayoutCtrl_example/GridLayoutCtrl_example.lay>

and everything will be working as expected.

Klugier

[Updated on: Mon, 10 April 2023 14:32]

Re: wxWidgets Grid sizers like Ctrl [message #59927 is a reply to message #59725] Wed, 31 May 2023 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Klugier,

So sorry for the late replay, not sure how i missed your post.

- Yes, experimental status is fine.
- I'll do the other changes right away.

Thank you!
Re: wxWidgets Grid sizers like Ctrl [message #59928 is a reply to message #59927] Wed, 31 May 2023 17:21 Go to previous message
Is it better now?
Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 31 May 2023 17:21]

Previous Topic: U++ Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:29:03 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01421 seconds