Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » U++ Allocator causing crashes (double-free/wrong size) with third party libraries (Should the approach to global allocators change?)
U++ Allocator causing crashes (double-free/wrong size) with third party libraries [message #59964] Mon, 26 June 2023 22:25
jjacksonRIAB is currently offline  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
Lately I've been finding myself increasingly having to work with third party closed source or complex build apps and I have to turn on USEMALLOC frequently just to be able to work with them because I get segfaults on delete, double-frees, etc all due to the U++ allocator. Disabling checks doesn't fix these problems.

I'm wondering whether it would just be a better option to do what EASTL does and modify NTL so that a custom allocator can be passed in instead of overriding the normal allocator.I'd like to be able to use the U++ allocator where it's still appropriate so that I can keep alignment and other performance improvements within NTL without having to turn everything off because of one C library that wants to do non-standard things with memory.

Is this a possibility? Is there some other way to do it?
Previous Topic: memory consumption of my application
Next Topic: Plugin: FT_fontsys broken and by extension so is DroidFonts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:13:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03744 seconds