Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Plugin: FT_fontsys broken and by extension so is DroidFonts
Plugin: FT_fontsys broken and by extension so is DroidFonts [message #59974] Thu, 29 June 2023 18:31 Go to next message
devilsclaw is currently offline  devilsclaw
When using FT_fontsys the CUSTOM_FONTSYS gets defined. When this happens parts of the Upp gets disabled and FT_fontsys is supposed to replace those functions/types.

So far on both windows and linux this breaks building Upp due to missing functions during linking.

I don't have a Mac so I am unable to see if its also broken
Re: Plugin: FT_fontsys broken and by extension so is DroidFonts [message #59975 is a reply to message #59974] Thu, 29 June 2023 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hi devilsclaw,

What are you using FT_Fontsys for? It is used -only- with non-host GUI applications (running U++ apps on embedded devices, in web browsers (html5 canvas, etc...). It is only useful if you are writing a VirtualGui client. (See virtualgui for more info...)

Can you check if the reference/SDL2UWord example compiles and runs?

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Thu, 29 June 2023 19:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Plugin: FT_fontsys broken and by extension so is DroidFonts [message #59976 is a reply to message #59974] Thu, 29 June 2023 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanted to use custom fonts that can be embedded into the application. From what I can tell the standard font code does not allow fonts that are not installed to the operating system in some way.

DroidFonts uses FT_fontsys which it looks to be used to do such a thing.

Yes the SDL2UWord does compile.

So I guess I was using it wrong. Then my question is how do I embedded fonts into my application and use them?

I currently already have them embedded byte/binary wise I just want to then point the program to the memory location and have it use those fonts.
Re: Plugin: FT_fontsys broken and by extension so is DroidFonts [message #59985 is a reply to message #59974] Sat, 01 July 2023 20:43 Go to previous message
wrong post sorry

[Updated on: Sat, 01 July 2023 20:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: U++ Allocator causing crashes (double-free/wrong size) with third party libraries
Next Topic: Vector
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 12:12:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03474 seconds