Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » GLCtrl switch between perspective and ortho mode
GLCtrl switch between perspective and ortho mode [message #60090] Tue, 15 August 2023 19:07 Go to next message
deep is currently offline  deep
Experienced Member
Hi,

I am experimenting with GLCanvas_demo.

Using Stanford_Bunny_sample.stl as sample.

ZoomToFit() "Fit to data" will not zoom to full display window. It remains roughly 25% center area.

Default projection mode is Perspective - Camera. I want to know how to switch between Orthographic and Camera - Perspective display modes.

Warm Regards

Deepak
Re: GLCtrl switch between perspective and ortho mode [message #60091 is a reply to message #60090] Wed, 16 August 2023 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hi Deep

GLCanvas ZoomToFit depends on object size and control size, trying to match both for the object to be totally visible, having the object in the middle of the control. This means that if the object aspect ratio doesn't match with the control one, the zoom is less perfect.

About the other modes that you indicate, they are not implemented.

This control is halfway to the control I wanted, rendering not only mesh but surfaces, and having not only zoom, but scroll, like UltimateOpenGL got. Unfortunately I haven't had time to support the author of this interesting control.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: GLCtrl switch between perspective and ortho mode [message #60092 is a reply to message #60091] Thu, 17 August 2023 07:47 Go to previous message
deep is currently offline  deep
Experienced Member
Hi Iñaki

Thank you for your response.

Will check SurfaceCtrl package.
It has Ortho/Perspective switching.

I need to understand Zoom mechanism.

Warm Regards

Deepak
Previous Topic: FormatE() with 0.0
Next Topic: XmlParser encoding detection bugfix.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:46:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 5.92395 seconds