FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » Sqlite encryption
Sqlite encryption [message #60164] Tue, 19 September 2023 17:37 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I have seen many methods like IsEncrypted(), ChangePassword(), Open(..., cypher)...
so it seems that the db can be encrypted. I need not to let the user to open the db with some external tool like DB for Sqlite Browser and performs unwanted operations.
I would like to have a very short example of:

1. how to create a db in some encrypted way;
2. how to read/write data while it is being used by my U++ client (if the queries need some special flag).

From what I read so far it seems that should be enough to open the database in this way:

if(!sqliteVT.Open( dbname, some_password, Upp::Sqlite3Session::CIPHER_CHAHA2020_DEFAULT )) {
}

all the rest remain the same. Can you confirm?

Many thanks in advance.
Luigi

[Updated on: Tue, 19 September 2023 19:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sqlite encryption [message #60168 is a reply to message #60164] Wed, 20 September 2023 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolman is currently offline  coolman
Experienced Member
Hi Luigi,

Yes, it is enough to open database with password and selected cipher. If you need to change password use this function:

sqlite3db.ChangePassword(password, Upp::Sqlite3Session::CIPHER_CHAHA2020_DEFAULT)

(changing from encrypted to unencrypted is done by entering an empty password)

BR, Radek

Re: Sqlite encryption [message #60169 is a reply to message #60168] Wed, 20 September 2023 18:22 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
coolman wrote on Wed, 20 September 2023 17:24
Hi Luigi,

Yes, it is enough to open database with password and selected cipher. If you need to change password use this function:

sqlite3db.ChangePassword(password, Upp::Sqlite3Session::CIPHER_CHAHA2020_DEFAULT)

(changing from encrypted to unencrypted is done by entering an empty password)

BR, Radek

Hi Radek,

thanks a lot for both answers!
Changing password with a void one did the trick! Very easy... knowing what to do Very Happy

Best regards,
Luigi
Previous Topic: How to make a copy not crypted of a Sqlite db
Next Topic: SqlPerformScript bug: Not doing anything if script starts with "BEGIN;" and ends with "END;"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:12:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02937 seconds