Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » plugin/tga (Working with RasterEncoder)
plugin/tga [message #60224] Sun, 22 October 2023 14:22 Go to next message
jjacksonRIAB is currently offline  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
I'm working on a TGA plugin here:

https://github.com/BornTactical/tga

So far it lacks robust error handling so it will crash if a TGA is malformed and there are missing features but it seems to be working for a lot of TGAs.

I have more than a few questions though, mainly dealing with Run Length Encoding and RasterEncoder. Where is the appropriate place to compress a raster line for storage? Right now I'm putting it in WriteLineRaw, but I end up having to do casting and bpp checks. If anyone wants to go through the code and offer suggestions on how I could improve it I'm happy to learn.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 October 2023 14:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: plugin/tga [message #60226 is a reply to message #60224] Sun, 22 October 2023 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello jjacksonRIAB,

One small think. Please replace Ultimate++ with U++ in repo description and inside README.md. Ultimate++ has been deprecated and should no longer be used in context of our framework.

BTW, I am waiting for the stable version with proper error handling. Once done, don't forget to ping me for adding this package to UppHub.

Thanks,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: plugin/tga [message #60227 is a reply to message #60226] Sun, 22 October 2023 19:53 Go to previous message
jjacksonRIAB is currently offline  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
Klugier wrote on Sun, 22 October 2023 19:47
Hello jjacksonRIAB,

One small think. Please replace Ultimate++ with U++ in repo description and inside README.md. Ultimate++ has been deprecated and should no longer be used in context of our framework.

BTW, I am waiting for the stable version with proper error handling. Once done, don't forget to ping me for adding this package to UppHub.

Thanks,
Klugier

Done and will do. Very Happy
Previous Topic: Option Label on Left Side draw
Next Topic: Interfacing with Matplot++ and SVG display
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:47:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05175 seconds