Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Suggestion about some menu item of theide
Suggestion about some menu item of theide [message #6552] Fri, 17 November 2006 11:41 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

please let me ask you to consider the following rearrangment of the menu of theide:

- move "Execute" from "Debug" to "Build";

- rename "Build method" in Setup as "Compiler setting" or similar (there are too many "build" around) and move it in "Build" panel. Moreover in "Build Method" the labelboxes "Debug mode defaults" and "Release mode defaults" with all their content should be removed. They seems a unnecessary duplicate of that present in "Output mode"... but perhaps I'm overlooking their real purpose.

Thank you,
Luigi
Re: Suggestion about some menu item of theide [message #6553 is a reply to message #6552] Fri, 17 November 2006 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Hi Luigi,

I agree with you, but we should keep the defaults sections in the Build methods dialog since you can set your preference of what you would like for new projects to be set initially.

Matthias
Re: Suggestion about some menu item of theide [message #6554 is a reply to message #6553] Fri, 17 November 2006 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
masu wrote on Fri, 17 November 2006 12:09

Hi Luigi,

I agree with you, but we should keep the defaults sections in the Build methods dialog since you can set your preference of what you would like for new projects to be set initially.

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

thank you for reply. I believed that the default settings for new projects (release or debug) could be got from the current setting in "Output Mode". Now I must always come go forth and back between these two panels. This is very annoying overall under Linux where the full statical mode is not possible and what is the default under windows is just a lost of time under linux. In fact at each new version in linux I get a compiler error after having compiled the library (almost one hour on my old notebook) I then recognise to have mismatched the options in the two panels.

Luigi
Re: Suggestion about some menu item of theide [message #6555 is a reply to message #6552] Fri, 17 November 2006 14:53 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, I agree that whole U++ build system must look a little bit overcomplicated... but that is the only way how to have it as flexible as it is now.

E.g. compiler settings... Well, but I can have several build methods for single compiler (and I do - right now I have 16 build methods defined on my main machine).

Anyway, what I think would be needed (and would solve your problem) is

1) to fix the problem of default build method settings for Linux (no static linking anymore)

2) perhaps to "lock" or hide some output mode settings in "beginner mode"

Mirek
Previous Topic: TheIDE crashes with 'division by zero' [BUG?][FIXED?]
Next Topic: Assamblies and nests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:57:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05070 seconds