Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » first row strange behaviour in columnlist
first row strange behaviour in columnlist [message #6557] Sat, 18 November 2006 00:03 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

In order to avoid the opening of a new window I've decided to accomodate two ctrls in the same rectangular space: a columnlist and an arrayctrl. At some moment the arrayctrl is hided with .Hide() and the columnlist is shown. I do not know if this way to proceed is too weird and can cause some interference between these two ctrls sharing the same place.

Anyway, everything seems to work except one. When the columnlist (single column mode) is visible and I click on the left side of the first row (zero row) the cursor does not move there. But when I click on the right side of the first row the cursor decide to follow the click.

This problem remind me this one already solved
http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1187 &start=0&

Any idea or I've to prepare a test case?

Luigi
Re: first row strange behaviour in columnlist [message #6559 is a reply to message #6557] Sat, 18 November 2006 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
forlano wrote on Fri, 17 November 2006 18:03

Hello,

In order to avoid the opening of a new window I've decided to accomodate two ctrls in the same rectangular space: a columnlist and an arrayctrl. At some moment the arrayctrl is hided with .Hide() and the columnlist is shown. I do not know if this way to proceed is too weird and can cause some interference between these two ctrls sharing the same place.

Absolutely OK - I do the same quite often (last time in the new TheIDE select package dialog).

Quote:

Any idea or I've to prepare a test case?

Well, as TheIDE package selector seems to work OK and does exactly the same (in fact, even using ArrayCtrl and ColumnList Wink, I am afraid testcase is needed.

Mirek
Re: first row strange behaviour in columnlist [message #6563 is a reply to message #6559] Sat, 18 November 2006 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
luzr wrote on Sat, 18 November 2006 09:26

Well, as TheIDE package selector seems to work OK and does exactly the same (in fact, even using ArrayCtrl and ColumnList Wink, I am afraid testcase is needed.

Mirek

Here is the test package that reproduce the problem. I forget to mention that Arrayctrl and columnList are on one side of a splitter, so i've added one, and there is present even a richtextctrl.

First press "Show" and let appear the column. If you click on its leftside you will not be able to set the cursor. This can be possibile if you click instead on the right side.
I've discovered that if I remove the RichTextCtrl from the layout then everything became normal Confused
In fact the distance from the left border to the point where your click set the cursor is just that of the richtextctrl! So I suspect it is this one that screen the columnlist despite of its small dimension.

Thank you,
Luigi

[Updated on: Sat, 18 November 2006 15:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: first row strange behaviour in columnlist [message #6565 is a reply to message #6563] Sat, 18 November 2006 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, the problem is caused by logical position of RichTextCtrl - it is VSizePos (both top and bottom lines are thick and red), therefore if your layout gets bigger, it gets over the ColumnList (and mouse messages are routed to the "topmost" widget, last in the list).

RichTextCtrl is transparent, therefore "invisible" if it is empty (if it would not empy, you would see the text overwriting the columnlist).

ArrayCtrl works because of order of Ctrls in the layout (is even on top of RichTextCtrl).

Mirek
Re: first row strange behaviour in columnlist [message #6566 is a reply to message #6565] Sat, 18 November 2006 15:55 Go to previous message
Senior Contributor
luzr wrote on Sat, 18 November 2006 15:33

Well, the problem is caused by logical position of RichTextCtrl - it is VSizePos (both top and bottom lines are thick and red), therefore if your layout gets bigger, it gets over the ColumnList (and mouse messages are routed to the "topmost" widget, last in the list).

RichTextCtrl is transparent, therefore "invisible" if it is empty (if it would not empy, you would see the text overwriting the columnlist).

ArrayCtrl works because of order of Ctrls in the layout (is even on top of RichTextCtrl).

Mirek

Fixed. Very instructive mistake that is dangerous in the case of hide/show ctrls. In my real specific case the richtextctrl was completely back and I couldn't see its resize!
Thank you!
Luigi
Previous Topic: ToolTip on popup controls
Next Topic: How to set the ***initial*** focus to an option?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:28:32 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03701 seconds