Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » About the sort of the GridCtrl
About the sort of the GridCtrl [message #7148] Fri, 15 December 2006 20:14 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

If I sort a GridCtrl alphabetically in ascendet way (see column Player Name) I observe the following situation when some of the cells are empty.

index.php?t=getfile&id=399&private=0

Instead I would like to have at bottom the rows with empty cells in the column interested by the sort. Is there a smart method to do it? (otherwise I will move up the rows one by one by copy and past)

Luigi
  • Attachment: vegag1.jpg
    (Size: 26.29KB, Downloaded 441 times)
Re: About the sort of the GridCtrl [message #7154 is a reply to message #7148] Sat, 16 December 2006 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

The result of sorting is correct...
There are 2 solutions:
1. I could implement this...
2. Insert 'z#' value to these cells and make your own GridDisplay class in which you ignore displaying the content of cell (instead passing v to the parent display pass '')
Re: About the sort of the GridCtrl [message #7157 is a reply to message #7154] Sat, 16 December 2006 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
unodgs wrote on Sat, 16 December 2006 00:32

There are 2 solutions:
2. Insert 'z#' value to these cells and make your own GridDisplay class in which you ignore displaying the content of cell (instead passing v to the parent display pass '')

Thanks,
I'll try to implement the second option.
Luigi
Re: About the sort of the GridCtrl [message #7161 is a reply to message #7154] Sat, 16 December 2006 16:29 Go to previous message
Senior Contributor
unodgs wrote on Sat, 16 December 2006 00:32

There are 2 solutions:

Hi,

I tried the second approach. 'z#' is not displayed and the sort is as I wanted... but... when I double click on the row - my rows are editable - 'z#' is visible Shocked
This is ugly because the user cannot understand this signs, moreover he needs to delete it before to add his data.
There is another drawback with 'z#' when the user try to sort the rows in descendent order because the previous problem now appear in reverse order.

So I will add a button that produce the upshift of the rows when needed... or maybe approach #1 will be present in future Smile

Luigi
Previous Topic: [Possible bug] Geometry - Point
Next Topic: GridCtrl and display of the index of the rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:35:19 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03636 seconds