Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » New UPTs: "Function Test Frame" and "Function Test"
New UPTs: "Function Test Frame" and "Function Test" [message #6876] Sat, 02 December 2006 21:41 Go to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
I've written two UPTs (Ultimate++ Package Templates) which I publish in the hope that they might be useful for somebody.

Their common purpose is to simplify the creation and test of (non-member) functions which process textually representable values.

The 1st, "Function Test Frame", generates the files necessary to write and test functions, but these files lack almost all meaningful content. You still have to write/paste not only the function body but all the test logic, too. At least, the basic work has already been done - as the name implies: this UPT is just a package frame. And you have almost every freedom to do what you want to do ...

The 2nd, "Function Test", is a little bit more sophisticated. You still have to write/paste your own function body, but the complete test environment is already set up and ready to be used! On the other hand you are restricted with regard to return and parameter types. You can work with any combination of 0 up to 4 "bool", "int", "double", "String", "Date", and "Time" variables and references to these types. The return type may also be "void". Other stuff, pointers e. g., is not supposed to work unless you patch heavily.

You might want to consult the "FnTestFrame_FnTest" file in the attached ZIP-package to learn how to use these UPTs and what you can and cannot do with them.

Please tell me, not only if you find bugs, but also whether you find these UPTs useful or not.

Werner

P. S.:

The restriction to use only 6 and 4 parameters, respectively, is not "fundamental". The reason for these limits is the current layout of the "Create new package" window. If somebody really uses these UPTs and if there is a true need for more parameters, I'll ask Mirek to change the layout. (The labels and the input fields might be replaced by a scrollable 2-column ArrayControl with the 1st column being read-only. Furthermore, supplementary to "select" there might be a UPT feature which doesn't return the index value (as "select" does") but the indexed value itself ("index"?).)

W.

Attachment deleted! Please use the improved versions in the attachment to message #7264.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 December 2006 15:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Updated UPTs: "Function Test Frame" and "Function Test" [message #7264 is a reply to message #6876] Tue, 19 December 2006 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
When working with gcc 4.1.1 I detected some inaccuracies in my UPTs "FunctionTestFrame.upt" and "FunctionTest.upt" which are tolerated by MSC8.

That is why I now publish improved versions which should build fine under MSC8 as well as under gcc 4.1.1 (and the bundled MinGW, I hope).

Werner

P. S.
If you use an Ultimate++ version which honors namespaces, please use the (very) new UPTs V1.1.0.0 - compare messages #7502 & #7503.

W.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 January 2007 13:18]

Re: New UPTs: "Function Test Frame" and "Function Test" [message #7502 is a reply to message #6876] Tue, 02 January 2007 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
On the occasion of the namespace introduction I updated the "Function Test Frame" and "Function Test" UPTs.

index.php?t=getfile&id=421&private=0

Example of a "Function Test" session. Only the function itself had to be written. The test environment was created by the UPT.

If you work with an Ultimate++ version using the Upp namespace, please switch to the updated version.

Werner

[Updated on: Tue, 02 January 2007 18:32]

Re: New UPTs: "Function Test Frame" and "Function Test" [message #7503 is a reply to message #7502] Tue, 02 January 2007 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Sorry, the forum software deleted the picture. Here it is:

index.php?t=getfile&id=424&private=0

Example of a "Function Test" session. Only the function itself had to be written. The test environment was created by the UPT.

Werner

P. S.:
1 file per message might be too little.

W.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 January 2007 18:33]

Re: New UPTs: "Function Test Frame" and "Function Test" [message #7877 is a reply to message #7502] Sun, 28 January 2007 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Werner wrote on Tue, 02 January 2007 14:31

On the occasion of the namespace introduction I updated the "Function Test Frame" and "Function Test" UPTs.

Hi Werner,

in the last days I've implemented a function and the output was checked as usual inside the whole application and this wasted a lot of time. The job was done but after come to my mind your application "Function Test".
Today I tried it and I remained amazed by how easy is to test the output of the function Surprised
Now it is one of my preferite tool! Very Happy

Luigi
Re: New UPTs: "Function Test Frame" and "Function Test" [message #7879 is a reply to message #7877] Sun, 28 January 2007 19:04 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Thanks. Very Happy Enjoy.

Werner
Previous Topic: EADS company intern fluid-data application
Next Topic: bigmailer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:53:25 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01429 seconds