Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » SSLSocket VerifyPeer -> how to set trusted CAs?
SSLSocket VerifyPeer -> how to set trusted CAs? [message #7242] Tue, 19 December 2006 12:08 Go to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
Hi
at the moment i am looking around for a way to set my own CA to be trusted.

The openssl function is:
int SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(SSL_CTX *ctx, const char *CAfile, const char *CApath);

And now i am wondering wether there is another way or it is not yet implemented?

Bas
Re: SSLSocket VerifyPeer -> how to set trusted CAs? [message #7265 is a reply to message #7242] Tue, 19 December 2006 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rylek is currently offline  rylek
Hello!

You're right, there is currently no wrapper for the function you mentioned. To be honest, when implementing the SSL wrapper I felt rather overwhelmed with the broad range of various structures and functions the SSL library offers. As I had no clear idea which ones were really important, I chose a minimalistic approach, wrapping only as much as I felt absolutely necessary to make the SSL socket up and running. I think some time ago I posted somewhere here a code snippet demonstrating SSL initialization within one of my commercial applications, which showed this very clearly.

Regards

Tomas
Re: SSLSocket VerifyPeer -> how to set trusted CAs? [message #7267 is a reply to message #7265] Tue, 19 December 2006 22:30 Go to previous message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
Yes, Thomas, you did paste such a code, i remembered it, too and it was the same i am using for XmlRpc, so i was pretty glad that i understood your SSL implementation.

Will you extend the SSL Socket implementation or do you want to keep it the way it is?
I thought of another function, too SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file and SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file eg by UseCertificateFile()

If you want i can send Mirek a patch to patch the SSL implementation.

Bas
Previous Topic: Socket: how to check wether new data arrived? timeout = NULL?
Next Topic: Simulation in its own thread.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:52:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02644 seconds