Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Can I use a makefile with the IDE
Can I use a makefile with the IDE [message #564] Mon, 09 January 2006 18:19 Go to next message
DuncanShortland is currently offline  DuncanShortland
I do a lot of cross development on sngle chip micros using GCC and have most of the compilation using makefiles. Can the IDE be used with such makefiles?
Re: Can I use a makefile with the IDE [message #568 is a reply to message #564] Mon, 09 January 2006 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
No, TheIDE is not designed with this in mind.

Mirek
Re: Can I use a makefile with the IDE [message #747 is a reply to message #564] Mon, 30 January 2006 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I would love to have such featur too, to be able to use IDE only for edit and building projects with pmake within IDE.

Than again, you can still use IDE to edit sources, and run make in separate command line window.

Makes the error messages from compiler harder to follow, so it's probably not as efficient as your current setup, it's up to you to consider such setup. I don't like it yet, but I will maybe evaluate it later.
Re: Can I use a makefile with the IDE [message #748 is a reply to message #747] Mon, 30 January 2006 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Thinking about it, there is "build script" option in TheIDE that allows implementing your own builder using Esc scripts. I guess you should be able to adapt it to call external makefile.

BTW, the last thing I will probably add to TheIDE before 602 release will be quite opposite - "make mode" of TheIDE (start it as "umake" capable of building U++ packages).

Mirek
Re: Can I use a makefile with the IDE [message #766 is a reply to message #748] Tue, 31 January 2006 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
To my surprise, I have found that current U++ macro system supports "Execute" command to invoke external code (in TheIDE's console).

So in theory, it should be possible

macro "Make" Alt+M {
Execute("make ....");
}

...put this into the file with .usc extension in TheIDE's directory (or your package directory) - theide will find it and add this macro to the "Macro" menu.

Mirek
Re: Can I use a makefile with the IDE [message #941 is a reply to message #766] Thu, 09 February 2006 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DuncanShortland is currently offline  DuncanShortland
Tried as you suggested. The macro appears but I get the error

'Execute' is not a Lambda. Running with build 511

Any suggestions please

Duncan
Re: Can I use a makefile with the IDE [message #945 is a reply to message #941] Thu, 09 February 2006 21:39 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Execute was added after the 511 release.

Use 602.

Mirek

Previous Topic: /MAP is Visual C++ only
Next Topic: U++ Examples: CompDir no longer compiles in 602 beta3 [BUG?]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:49:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03363 seconds