Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Unix compilation fails
Unix compilation fails [message #719] Fri, 27 January 2006 16:47 Go to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
I am trying to use TheIde on Unix. The host system is somewhat old, and I only have write access to my home directory. The precompiled ide was unable to start because multiple shared libraries were missing or old. I started compilation with the provided Makefile, after modifying the two variables at the beginning of it. Compilation seemed to be OK, several packages were built successfully, but suddenly I got this compiler error:
c++ -c -O2 -ffunction-sections  -x c++  -I/home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/ -DflagGUI -DflagGCC -DflagSHARED -DflagLINUX  /home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawWin32.cpp -o /home/hojtsy/upp/out/Draw/GCC32-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Shared/DrawWin32.o
c++ -c -O2 -ffunction-sections  -x c++  -I/home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/ -DflagGUI -DflagGCC -DflagSHARED -DflagLINUX  /home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp -o /home/hojtsy/upp/out/Draw/GCC32-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Shared/DrawX11.o
/home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp: In function `void SetClip(_XGC*, XftDraw*, const Vector<Rect>&)':
/home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp:261: error: `XftDrawSetClipRectangles' undeclared (first use this function)
/home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp:261: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [/home/hojtsy/upp/out/Draw/GCC32-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Shared/DrawX11.o] Error 1

I don't know how to proceed. How should I fix this? Is it possible to install the libraries needed for u++ only by writing to my home directory?
Re: Unix compilation fails [message #720 is a reply to message #719] Fri, 27 January 2006 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, looks like your system has old Xft library - it is the font technology supported on any current *X distribution.

No fix possible there sorry (it is not worth investing the time for support of old Unix desktops IMHO).
Re: Unix compilation fails [message #761 is a reply to message #720] Tue, 31 January 2006 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
I would like to compile an u++ console application on this old Unix. My appliction would not need any font support. Since I can not build TheIde on the host computer (font problems), should I try TheMake instead?
Re: Unix compilation fails [message #764 is a reply to message #761] Tue, 31 January 2006 15:43 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am not sure what is your best option here... I would try either to develop the app in some current distribution and export makefile OR try remote development.

However, chances are also high that C++ compiler on that platform will be so non-conformant that U++ will not compile anyway.... (e.g., it would not compile with 2.95.x GCC and I know there was compiler bug with 3.0.x that kept TheIDE crashing).

Mirek
Previous Topic: Command-line Compilation
Next Topic: How BLITZ works?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:46:48 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01201 seconds