Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » class Upp::DropList has no member named SetFont
class Upp::DropList has no member named SetFont [message #7836] Thu, 25 January 2007 12:01 Go to next message
paolo is currently offline  paolo
Promising Member
Heya guys,
and thanks for your time.
I've been unlucky finding a way to set the font size of a DropList or the button size of an EditIntSpin.
I'm trying to prototype an application that'll be used (it's just an University's exam project) with a touchscreen and I need to select a date and a time.
The Data selection is done thanks to the beautiful Calendar where the selection happens also when you click around the number of the day (think about the "imprecision" of a touchscreen).
About the Time selection (hours and minutes) both the DropList and the EditIntSpin don't play very well with the touchscreen because the DropList can't have a bigger fontsize and the EditIntSpin can't have the button increased in size (while in the layout editor the two button grow when I extend the size of the object).
So here I am in need of your help: how can achieve a Time selection with the "limits" of a touchscreen?

Thanks a lot,
P.
Re: class Upp::DropList has no member named SetFont [message #7840 is a reply to message #7836] Thu, 25 January 2007 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Font size of DropList: Use your own Display. See reference/Display

Alternatively use AttrText as values of DropList.

Appearance of widgets: Use latest U++ and alter appearance using widget styles.

Mirek
Re: class Upp::DropList has no member named SetFont [message #7855 is a reply to message #7840] Fri, 26 January 2007 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Solution #1: use AttrText as values of DropList

dl.Add("6:30", AttrText("My cell text").SetFont(Courier(20)));
	dl.Add("7:00", AttrText("My cell text").SetFont(Courier(18)));

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9749/dlsf0.th.png

As you can see from the image over here DropList doesn't render very well...

Now let's try with the other solution.
Re: class Upp::DropList has no member named SetFont [message #7856 is a reply to message #7855] Fri, 26 January 2007 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
paolo wrote on Fri, 26 January 2007 12:19

Solution #1: use AttrText as values of DropList

dl.Add("6:30", AttrText("My cell text").SetFont(Courier(20)));
	dl.Add("7:00", AttrText("My cell text").SetFont(Courier(18)));

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9749/dlsf0.th.png

As you can see from the image over here DropList doesn't render very well...

Now let's try with the other solution.

DropList& DropList::SetLineCy(int lcy);

Mirek
Re: class Upp::DropList has no member named SetFont [message #7867 is a reply to message #7856] Sat, 27 January 2007 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
luzr wrote on Fri, 26 January 2007 19:36

Mirek

Ok, thanks, it does the trick, but it doesn't help me: I've too many lines for the touchscreen at the size needed.

Now let's try to make the little buttons of the EditIntSpin more big. Or let's implement an hand-made EditIntSpin Smile
Re: class Upp::DropList has no member named SetFont [message #7868 is a reply to message #7867] Sat, 27 January 2007 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
paolo wrote on Sat, 27 January 2007 10:55

luzr wrote on Fri, 26 January 2007 19:36

Mirek

Ok, thanks, it does the trick, but it doesn't help me: I've too many lines for the touchscreen at the size needed.

DropList& DropList::SetDropLines(int d);

? Smile

Mirek
Re: class Upp::DropList has no member named SetFont [message #7915 is a reply to message #7868] Wed, 31 January 2007 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
luzr wrote on Sat, 27 January 2007 17:29

? Smile

Mirek

Thanks Mirek,
but it's a "problem" of accessibility. If I fix the number of the lines of the Droplist, then I've got the scrollbar and that's too thin to be used from a touchscreen. I should be able to widen that scrollbar too.
But I've thinked about that hour&min selection and I've choosen for two handmade EditIntSpin (a big label between two big buttons, a "+" and a "-"), because I can't enlarge the buttons of the "standard" EditIntSpin (and my solution is more accessible).

Thanks again,
P.
Re: class Upp::DropList has no member named SetFont [message #7917 is a reply to message #7915] Wed, 31 January 2007 13:25 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
paolo wrote on Wed, 31 January 2007 05:42

luzr wrote on Sat, 27 January 2007 17:29

? Smile

Mirek

Thanks Mirek,
but it's a "problem" of accessibility. If I fix the number of the lines of the Droplist, then I've got the scrollbar and that's too thin to be used from a touchscreen. I should be able to widen that scrollbar too.
But I've thinked about that hour&min selection and I've choosen for two handmade EditIntSpin (a big label between two big buttons, a "+" and a "-"), because I can't enlarge the buttons of the "standard" EditIntSpin (and my solution is more accessible).

Thanks again,
P.

Yes, actually, "make your own widget" is often the best solution.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Native common dialogs
Next Topic: Help with a possible design problem?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 17:10:16 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01931 seconds