Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » libpng runtime errors in user app
libpng runtime errors in user app [message #7911] Wed, 31 January 2007 10:23 Go to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member

I am playing with a couple of examples (CodeMetric, ImageView) to form a basis for one of my applications. I am currently getting the following runtime error (not: I cannot cut from theide error window to the web browser so I am typing the salient pieces here):

Failed to read valid object from image memory.

libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
library

<standard SIGSEGV segfault mesage>
0xb7dfc00e in png_destroy_read_struct () from
/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0

I'll go back to some old code and try to work at it from a different direction, but can anyone offer some suggestions why theide is using the libpng that is in /usr/lib instead of the one that is built in the pluggins?

Thanks,
Re: libpng runtime errors in user app [message #7922 is a reply to message #7911] Wed, 31 January 2007 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Wed, 31 January 2007 04:23

I am playing with a couple of examples (CodeMetric, ImageView) to form a basis for one of my applications. I am currently getting the following runtime error (not: I cannot cut from theide error window to the web browser so I am typing the salient pieces here):

Failed to read valid object from image memory.

libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
library

<standard SIGSEGV segfault mesage>
0xb7dfc00e in png_destroy_read_struct () from
/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0

I'll go back to some old code and try to work at it from a different direction, but can anyone offer some suggestions why theide is using the libpng that is in /usr/lib instead of the one that is built in the pluggins?

Thanks,

Which version of U++?

I am afraid this can be the result of our recently changed resolution to load gtk at runtime using dlopen.

Means there is a hope it will be OK in the next version.

Mirek
Re: libpng runtime errors in user app [message #7934 is a reply to message #7922] Thu, 01 February 2007 07:44 Go to previous message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Sorry about that...

The current version that I am running is 701.r50 (built from svn tree with adapted Makefiles from one of the beta releases).

Late this afternoon I got the example to work starting from a previous attempt at the same application. I have no idea what I broke when I was playing around.

Previous Topic: How to set a specific libstdc++?
Next Topic: build problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:37:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06622 seconds