Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » static libraries?
static libraries? [message #8097] Wed, 07 February 2007 10:54 Go to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Is there a way to build static libraries? The package creator lists "Win32 DLL", but no static libs. Also, when I built a Win32 DLL and included it in an app the app could not find the DLL on execution (whether compiled static or shared). As a note, I could compile and link with the manufactures .lib drivers, but not my own recompiled version.

This brings up two issues:

1) creation of shared libraries that will compile under Win32, Linux, and OSX. This will require appropriately wrapping the windows and *NIX specific code in the template.

2) creation of static libraries that will build under all OS's (maybe this can be done by not using a template at all and setting up by hand. What is the preferred method for setting up static libs if any?

Re: static libraries? [message #8098 is a reply to message #8097] Wed, 07 February 2007 10:59 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, yes and no.

Static libraries can get build during build process, but are considered an implementation detail. The final aim of U++ is to provide application or plugin - that is why you can get either .exe or .dll (or binary/.so in linux).

Of course, improvements here are considered. But so far we had to stay focused...

Mirek
Previous Topic: beta3 <new package> double lists templates
Next Topic: How about a ClassView oh and also a Call Stack?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:42:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01006 seconds