Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Hide Mouse Cursor?
Hide Mouse Cursor? [message #8013] Sun, 04 February 2007 07:50 Go to next message
snap2000 is currently offline  snap2000
Promising Member
Is there an way to hide the mouse cursor within a window frame other than to make a transparent .iml and set it as the cursor? Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 04 February 2007 08:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hide Mouse Cursor? [message #8014 is a reply to message #8013] Sun, 04 February 2007 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
No. I could add something similar to mouse capture, what do you think?

The question is how wide the override should go. Whole app, top-level window or sub-widget tree? (Last is problematic as it would require to increase sizeof(Ctrl)).

Mirek

[Updated on: Sun, 04 February 2007 09:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hide Mouse Cursor? [message #8128 is a reply to message #8013] Sun, 11 February 2007 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snap2000 is currently offline  snap2000
Promising Member
To be honest, I don't know what work best, but it's probably not necessary. A 1x1 transparent image (which I actually changed to a white dot) is quite easy to do.

Of course, for the future, how would I change the cursor image when I hover over a button, for example? Would I need to have a pointer to the window and call its cursor function again?
Re: Hide Mouse Cursor? [message #8134 is a reply to message #8128] Sun, 11 February 2007 23:26 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
snap2000 wrote on Sun, 11 February 2007 11:41

To be honest, I don't know what work best, but it's probably not necessary. A 1x1 transparent image (which I actually changed to a white dot) is quite easy to do.

Yes, but this way it will not work when cursor points to area of widgets (I thought this is the problem).

You do not have to return 1x1 transparent image, I think returning Null (or Image()) would work as well.

Quote:

Of course, for the future, how would I change the cursor image when I hover over a button, for example? Would I need to have a pointer to the window and call its cursor function again?

Override MouseCursor virtual method for button.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Use of Layouts in tabs under topwindow
Next Topic: keeping fixed x/y ratio in a control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 06:13:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02467 seconds