Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » XML Error
XML Error [message #8384] Tue, 06 March 2007 18:52 Go to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
I am getting an XmlError that states "invalid character data". What does this mean? When does thie error occur?

Also, please update your documentation to include the XML functions. The examples really are not good enough. I had to test each function in order to try to figure out what it did.

Re: XML Error [message #8400 is a reply to message #8384] Wed, 07 March 2007 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
victorb is currently offline  victorb
I have some experience with XmlParser but please provide sample XML and sample code then I might be able to help you.

Re: XML Error [message #8426 is a reply to message #8400] Thu, 08 March 2007 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
The error only happens some of the time. There is a dynamically generated XML string coming from another program and most of the times it processes just fine. Some of the times though, i get the error.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide the exact XML code yet. I will find 2 instances of working and non-working strings and post them in a bit.

Do you know what are the possible causes for such an error to occur? What types of errors normally create an invalid character data exception? Any extra white-space in tags is ignored, correct?

Thanks
Re: XML Error [message #8442 is a reply to message #8384] Fri, 09 March 2007 18:18 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
captainc wrote on Tue, 06 March 2007 12:52

I am getting an XmlError that states "invalid character data". What does this mean? When does thie error occur?

Interestingly, there is no such error. Closest one is

"Character data expected"

Is that what are you getting? Possible cause could be the empty text (IMHO)...

Mirek
Previous Topic: Derivating from Vector<>
Next Topic: "Copy folder recursively" is there a function?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:29:00 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02158 seconds