Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Unable to link examples
Unable to link examples [message #9044] Sun, 15 April 2007 11:16 Go to next message
manuel84 is currently offline  manuel84
Hi everybody,

I've read an announcement on comp.lang.c++ and I've compiled Ultimate++ from sources.

My system is Linux, Kubuntu 6.10, g++ compiler 4.1.2, all development libs required from examples are available on my machine.

Build works fine, TheIDE starts and works fine, too, but I'm not able to make examples work. They compile, but on linking stage I got a mess of errors and warnings such as:

This is a warning:

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../lib/libX11.a(C rGlCur.o): In function `open_library':
(.text+0x3b): warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared librari
es from the glibc version used for linking

--------------------
This is an error:

(.text+0x6b0): undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateCompress'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../lib/libgdk_pix buf-2.0.a(io-jpeg.o): In function `real_save_jpeg'

How can I get rid of them?
A fun story: I compiled and ran succesfully a C example using GNU Scientific Libraries as a C++, just adding compiler and linker flags.

P.S: I tried to tell IDE include directories, but nothing works.
Please help me Smile

Emanuele
Re: Unable to link examples [message #9045 is a reply to message #9044] Sun, 15 April 2007 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manuel84 is currently offline  manuel84
I did it.
I thin this could be useful for other linux users: Go to Build -> Output Mode -> (Right side: release) -> use "shared libs" instead of "all static".

HTH

P.S.: Save your knowledge for my future problems! Despite this starting, I'm already loving TheIDE.
Re: Unable to link examples [message #9047 is a reply to message #9045] Sun, 15 April 2007 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
manuel84 wrote on Sun, 15 April 2007 06:06

I did it.
I thin this could be useful for other linux users: Go to Build -> Output Mode -> (Right side: release) -> use "shared libs" instead of "all static".

HTH

P.S.: Save your knowledge for my future problems! Despite this starting, I'm already loving TheIDE.

BTW, why have not you used precompiled .deb or .rpm files? They are supposed to preconfigure this.

Mirek
Re: Unable to link examples [message #9049 is a reply to message #9047] Sun, 15 April 2007 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
[quote title=luzr wrote on Sun, 15 April 2007 15:43BTW, why have not you used precompiled .deb or .rpm files? They are supposed to preconfigure this.

Mirek[/quote]

If I remind well, theide linux version has still the same setting of the windows version, i.e. all static.

Luigi
Re: Unable to link examples [message #9091 is a reply to message #9044] Tue, 17 April 2007 03:45 Go to previous message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
Linking errors with upp-mingw too:
Linking...
/mingw/lib/crt2.o:crt1.c:(.text+0x16a): undefined reference to `__cpu_features_init'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

How to solve that?
Previous Topic: New user frustration
Next Topic: Can't link example files on Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:03:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.01065 seconds