Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » D&D and related...
D&D and related... [message #9372] Wed, 02 May 2007 23:01 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
All edit controls (EditField, DocEdit, LineEdit, RichEdit) now has solid drag and drop support. Also, triple-click support was added (selects line resp. paragraph).

Small change to SetFocus - if window is not front, SetFocus (to any child) will make it so.

ArrayCtrl now also supports Drag and Drop (and in fact, I am very happy about the interface). reference/ArrayCtrlDnD is the preliminary reference example. In the process I have also fixed multiselect in ArrayCtrl.
Re: D&D and related... [message #9388 is a reply to message #9372] Fri, 04 May 2007 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kretol is currently offline  kretol
Promising Member
Drag&Drop in RichEdit is awesome!(with drag image showing the dragged text).
Any chance to have it support images and drawing objects?
Wiktor
I haven't tried d&d in other controls yet.
Re: D&D and related... [message #9390 is a reply to message #9388] Fri, 04 May 2007 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
kretol wrote on Thu, 03 May 2007 18:59

Drag&Drop in RichEdit is awesome!(with drag image showing the dragged text).
Any chance to have it support images and drawing objects?
Wiktor
I haven't tried d&d in other controls yet.

Actually, what you supply to "DoDragAndDrop" is an Image. You can paint whatever you want into it Smile (In ArrayCtrl, there is utility method that returns Image of current selection, looks quite good too).

Mirek
Re: D&D and related... [message #9391 is a reply to message #9390] Fri, 04 May 2007 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

One thing is still missing in current DND. Right click should cancel drag operation (like ESC now).
Re: D&D and related... [message #9392 is a reply to message #9391] Fri, 04 May 2007 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Actually, this is controlled by Windows, not me....

It looks like shell has some hack to allow that, but try e.g. to drag from Word - there it does not work...

Mirek
Re: D&D and related... [message #9400 is a reply to message #9392] Sat, 05 May 2007 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
what about the linux cool middle button?

select a text, go to another app press the middle button and it will be inserted.

Bas
Re: D&D and related... [message #9426 is a reply to message #9390] Mon, 07 May 2007 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kretol is currently offline  kretol
Promising Member
Yes,but it seems that dragging images and drawing objects (DropSource) in RichEdit is is not implemented yet.
BTW:
win32dnd.cpp
-------------
void UDropTarget::DnD(POINTL pl, bool drop, DWORD *effect, DWORD keys)
{
(...)
	if(sw.Contains(p))
		p -= sw.TopLeft();
	else
		c = NULL;

shouldn't be "c" prevented somehow ?
	if(!c)
		return; /* or if(c){*/

Anyway, DND in Upp is really great ! Thanks !

Re: D&D and related... [message #9429 is a reply to message #9372] Mon, 07 May 2007 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
So will it be possible to open files in UPP by dragging them from explorer.exe / konqueror into UPP TheIDE window?

I'm quite missing this one when I want to edit some file outside of project directory, and I must use Ctrl+O and change directories inside TheIDE (while I have the file in list in explorer/konqueror already).
Re: D&D and related... [message #9447 is a reply to message #9429] Tue, 08 May 2007 19:05 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Mon, 07 May 2007 12:24

So will it be possible to open files in UPP by dragging them from explorer.exe / konqueror into UPP TheIDE window?

I'm quite missing this one when I want to edit some file outside of project directory, and I must use Ctrl+O and change directories inside TheIDE (while I have the file in list in explorer/konqueror already).

Quite soon IMO, it should be trivial now. OTOH, what was community "trigger" request is D&D support in TreeCtrl, which was not trivial at all Smile (Still working on it, but it comes to the reasonable end today....).

Mirek
Previous Topic: 704 dev2 coming soon?
Next Topic: TreeCtrl now supports D&D
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:31:34 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01481 seconds