Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » automatically resizing widgets in tabs?
automatically resizing widgets in tabs? [message #9889] Wed, 06 June 2007 16:41 Go to next message
antialias is currently offline  antialias
Promising Member
Hi, I'm a newbie to U++ (looks nice so far - great work!).I've been screwing around with Motif, Mosaic, Qt and MFC in the past and finally landed here.

Here's my question:
I have created a tabbed layout with a user defined drawing area (and a bunch of other controls in their own layout) on one tab.
I would like to resize this drawing area to the maximum space available whenever the user resizes the top window. so far I have been unable to do this (the 'springs' in the layout editor don't seem to do anything) . The drawing area just won't expand/shrink beyond the size I give it in the layout editor.
And I havent really grasped the logic behind 'logical coordinates' yet. The whole concept seems confused/confusing (or I'm just being stupid, which is more likely Very Happy )

Otherwise I Like the GUI and IDE very much. The only thing I'd really like to see improved is the manual (at least have a native speaker look over the text and add more cross-links to other chapters). Whenever I try to look something up it seems that the most crucial sentences got garbled in an attempt at literal translation by the authors.

Usability for people looking for a GUI-package lives and dies by how well the manual is written (because they have to learn HOW to use it before they CAN use it - a fact often forgotten by the developers). It would be a shame if all your great work wouldn't get used just because MFC and (especially) Qt are documented way better.
Re: automatically resizing widgets in tabs? [message #9890 is a reply to message #9889] Wed, 06 June 2007 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zardos is currently offline  Zardos
antialias wrote on Wed, 06 June 2007 16:41

Hi, I'm a
Here's my question:
I have created a tabbed layout with a user defined drawing area (and a bunch of other controls in their own layout) on one tab.
I would like to resize this drawing area to the maximum space available whenever the user resizes the top window. so far I have been unable to do this (the 'springs' in the layout editor don't seem to do anything) . The drawing area just won't expand/shrink beyond the size I give it in the layout editor.

Make sure you call SizePos() with the dialogs you use inside the tabs. Like:
tabs.Add(aDlg1.SizePos(), t_("Tab 1"));
tabs.Add(aDlg2.SizePos(), t_("Tab 2"));
tabs.Add(aDlg3.SizePos(), t_("Tab 3"));

- Ralf
Re: automatically resizing widgets in tabs? [message #9893 is a reply to message #9889] Wed, 06 June 2007 20:51 Go to previous message
antialias is currently offline  antialias
Promising Member
thanks for the quick help Smile
Previous Topic: Linux Suse 10.2 build problem
Next Topic: missing cast
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:38:48 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04621 seconds