FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Cross-compiling for Raspbian
Cross-compiling for Raspbian [message #48516] Wed, 12 July 2017 14:53 Go to next message
Giorgio is currently offline  Giorgio
Experienced Member
Hi there,
I developed an application with ultimate++ and now I need to compile it for Raspbian. I am new to cross-compiling and searched the forum: I found a couple of threads, but they did not help. I am trying this toolchain http://gnutoolchains.com/raspberry/tutorial/, but I am so used to compile just pressing the F7 key, that I am stuck at the beginning. Embarassed What is the command line to compile an application using gcc? It uses standard c++ libraries and ultimate++ libraries.
Thanks for any suggetsion,
Gio
Re: Cross-compiling for Raspbian [message #48570 is a reply to message #48516] Thu, 27 July 2017 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Do this:
1) Install make environment (apt-get install build-essential)
2) get upp sources
3) make theide (command make in dir ide)
4) copy theide to folder /usr/local/bin or /home/pi/bin
5) run theide (may be from command line)
6) make U++ assembies (left pane during package selection)

then you may compile on raspberry directly.

It's very simple way.

For real cross-compile search google for "raspberry qemu emulator".

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Cross-compiling for Raspbian [message #48586 is a reply to message #48570] Wed, 02 August 2017 14:47 Go to previous message
Giorgio is currently offline  Giorgio
Experienced Member
Hi Sergey,
thank you for your suggestion. Indeed, your solution is the simplest, cross-compiling is too much effort for a newbie. I have successfully compiled and installed theide and also compiled some of the example applications that come with theide. Now I am compiling my own application developed using theide on windows. Compiling times are quite long, the first time (when you have to compiled all the packages), once core packages are compiled compiling time is acceptable. For the sake of other people who may read this in future, to successfully compile theide on a fresh installation of noobs/raspbian are needed the devel package of gtk, x11, bzlib2.
Thanks again,
Gio
Previous Topic: Multiple main windows, but only one active
Next Topic: libraries not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:39:46 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01005 seconds