Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » feedback and possible small bug mingw 7zip IDE
feedback and possible small bug mingw 7zip IDE [message #49398] Sat, 03 February 2018 23:34 Go to next message
mtdew3q is currently offline  mtdew3q
Experienced Member

Hi-

I am using the most recent 7zip windows. I have 2 observations to report. One is that 7-zip.org is really fast compared to free programs in windows store. Also, I am not sure that the set as default method is working in the build methods. If you pick that and go out side to the main editor window, you have no option to change the debug/release combo box. It kind of defaults to win32. i could wipe out win32 .bm file but I think that the IDE intends you to be able to switch build methods. I am running windows 10.

I hope that is not a false bug.

Yes, klugier. Thx. for cool tip about the self contained mingw nightly build. I thought for a moment about tdm and I can't really think of a reason why I need it. I am a little intimidated by the installer for mingw from their site. It is graphical. I'd have to study how to use it. However, If I want to do a new nightly build I just change the self contained environment and no worries about running a mingw installer window.

thx. -
mtdew3q
Re: feedback and possible small bug mingw 7zip IDE [message #49399 is a reply to message #49398] Sat, 03 February 2018 23:56 Go to previous message
mtdew3q is currently offline  mtdew3q
Experienced Member

Hi-

I found the way to switch to mingw 64 bit. You have to click inside the combobox changing its focus and then another dialog will open allowing you to change the combobox field.

Sorry Embarassed

thx. -jim
Previous Topic: requirements for install - cygwin
Next Topic: Installation on Manjaro (Arch based)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:08:10 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02158 seconds