Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Strange (and dangerous) bug
BugConfirmed.gif  Strange (and dangerous) bug [message #3490] Sat, 27 May 2006 20:22 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

In my project I selected one of lay files and started to moving it up using ctrl+shit+up. After a few such operations theide froze and I had to kill it manually. Strange is this lay file was cut in the middle and its size grew to 136 MB! I'am able to repeat it..

Clue: It seems that size of file grew after each "move up" because theide constantly slowing down..

PS: Can anyone confirm that?

[Updated on: Sun, 28 May 2006 06:15] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Strange (and dangerous) bug [message #3491 is a reply to message #3490] Sat, 27 May 2006 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Ok, I found the cause..

It was connected with latest change in ctrllib.usc file. I had unfixed version with buggy line:

ctrl Option {
Text SetLabel ? @1 "Option text" << should be @1 ?

If that line was "broken" and any lay file was selected then after each refresh of project (after moving items on list or closing/opening groups) in console appeared..:
error in parsing line 331 of ctrllib.usc (or sth similar..)

and that had to cause some kind of memory leak (theide ate all my memory) and finally ide hung up..

I think it is worth of small investigation.
Re: Strange (and dangerous) bug [message #3492 is a reply to message #3491] Sat, 27 May 2006 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
unodgs wrote on Sat, 27 May 2006 14:39

Ok, I found the cause..

It was connected with latest change in ctrllib.usc file. I had unfixed version with buggy line:

ctrl Option {
Text SetLabel ? @1 "Option text" << should be @1 ?

If that line was "broken" and any lay file was selected then after each refresh of project (after moving items on list or closing/opening groups) in console appeared..:
error in parsing line 331 of ctrllib.usc (or sth similar..)

and that had to cause some kind of memory leak (theide ate all my memory) and finally ide hung up..

I think it is worth of small investigation.

Definitely! Thanks.

Mirek
Re: Strange (and dangerous) bug [message #3493 is a reply to message #3492] Sat, 27 May 2006 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
That is indeed strange...

.usc gets parsed only if it is saved - I was unable to even reproduce repeating the error each time I change the workspace...

If you are still able to reproduce it, could you please place the breakpoint at Ide::SyncUsc and investigate how it gets called when changing workspace?

Mirek
Re: Strange (and dangerous) bug [message #3505 is a reply to message #3493] Mon, 29 May 2006 20:39 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

You must have lay file open to repeat the bug, have you?

Anyway, I'm sure that big memory allocation happens before SyncUsc gets called. I don't know exactely where, but I will find it later.

I think all this case is connected with polish chars because my laymain.lay file is broken after one of polish char (everytime in the same place):

LAYOUT(SyncOptionsLayout, 420, 128)
ITEM(Button, ok, SetLabel(t_("OK")).RightPosZ(4, 76).BottomPosZ(4, 24))
ITEM(LabelBox, dv___1, SetLabel(t_("Opcje synchronizacji")).HSizePosZ(4, 4).VSizePosZ(0, 32))
ITEM(Switch, syncmode, SetLabel(t_("Automatycznie nadpisuj istniejÃÆ⤙Ã⤠’Æââ⤨¬â⤸¢à ƒÆ’Æ⤙ââ⤨¬Â ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â⠂¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ⤙Ã⤠’ââ‚à ‚¬Ã⤨ ÃÆ⤙Ã⤨¢Ã¢ââ⤨¬à …¡Ã⤨¬Ã¢ââ⤨¬Å¾Ã⤨¢Ã

I'm attaching this file to this post (in correct form). Try to add it to your project and repeat my "bug procedure" (have this file and console visible and move it many times up and down (in console you should see error in parsing in line 331 - and in a certain moment you should see like available memory is rapidly going down)
  • Attachment: LayMain.lay
    (Size: 10.33KB, Downloaded 1595 times)
Previous Topic: Assist++ problems..
Next Topic: What about a Studio? java?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 00:15:28 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01971 seconds