Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » PlantUmlEditor
PlantUmlEditor [message #50708] Fri, 07 December 2018 17:32 Go to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hy all,

I use PlantUml from time to time to make some sequence diagrams ... but it lacks a good editor with decent colorising.
So I decided to try to make one using Upp::CodeEditor and Boost::spirit

This is a first try and it can only edit one file at a time since I added some file context management (Macro, Participants) (I still need to find out how to manage this correctly with CodeEditor) but the parsing and colorising works great (although not perfect for the moment).

Since this subject comes up regularly: so I think this example could be of interest to others

Note :
  • the parsing can DETECT SYNTAX ERRORS and line is displayed in red until the error is corrected (all errors aren't detected at the moment : I have to correct/enhance the syntax declaration) but this brings much power to the editor

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2018 20:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PlantUmlEditor [message #50709 is a reply to message #50708] Fri, 07 December 2018 18:16 Go to previous message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Mirek,

while trying to use CodeEditor, I noticed there are many many calls to Upp::EditorSyntax::Highlight() and other Upp::EditorSyntax:: methods each time a key is hit while editing.
Is this normal/intended behaviour or am I misusing CodeEditor ?

Another thing I noticed is that while using TheIde to edit code (under linux with always a recent version compiled), editing freezes (1 sec) frow time to time and I also have (rarely) unwanted file modifications (when undo/redo or save) ... so maybe the freeze is linked to the multiple calls and the unwanted file modification ??
Previous Topic: UTTS: U++ Text to Speech
Next Topic: Simple markdown parser and formatter for RichText
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:19:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00937 seconds