Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » "too many sections" error with MinGW
"too many sections" error with MinGW [message #52885] Thu, 02 January 2020 12:37 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Good morning

I wanted to compile in TheIDE a package with an external library. In RELEASE it compiles well, but in DEBUG the compiler generates a "too many sections" error.

I have used this fix, unsuccessfully.

Maybe a workaround could be to compile this package only, always in RELEASE mode, even when the parent project is compiled in DEBUG mode.
Could it be possible to force a package to be compiled always in RELEASE mode?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: "too many sections" error with MinGW [message #52886 is a reply to message #52885] Thu, 02 January 2020 15:46 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Well, finally I have got the problematic file and I have applied in its "Additional compiler options for the file" in "Package organizer", the options Wa,-mbig-obj -Os (both) for MinGW, and /bigobj for MSVC.

A relevant detail is that in MinGW it was useless to apply these options to the package, as in c++ argument list, the option order is more or less:
1. Package options
2. General options
3. File options

and -O0 (General option) would be after -Os (Package option), so the later would prevail.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: "canberra-gtk-module"
Next Topic: Runtime error: "undefined symbol: gdk_display_get_primary_monitor"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:20:31 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01342 seconds