FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » The future of bazaar
The future of bazaar [message #53772] Wed, 29 April 2020 16:49 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I think we should definitely do some changes to how bazaar is handled. Many current packages are unmaintained and broken. And we also have a problem with git, where I cannot set write rights to just bazaar.

So I propose following steps (not immediate, definitely after the 2020.1 release):

- move bazaar out of svn, to github. Maybe even into multiple github projects (probably will end as single bazaar for less often update packages and I expect agile contributors to move theirs packages to separate gits)

- the release process will then pick bazaar packages from gits

- there will be whitelisting process, package will need to compile in posix and win32 to be accepted

Mirek

Re: The future of bazaar [message #53773 is a reply to message #53772] Wed, 29 April 2020 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello Mirek,

Sounds good : separating maintained code from unmaintained code is important Smile

But having all in one place is also very pratical : if you are searching for some code example you can always search in bazaar and find all sorts of things : good and bad Wink
We will at least need the following if we don't wan't to loose new users :
  • a home page that lists all the child projects
  • an 'all-download script (maybe to recreate something like bazaar )

Ideally your whitelisting process should also keep track of last Upp version the project compiled with : just to be able detect kick-out candidates
Re: The future of bazaar [message #53781 is a reply to message #53773] Thu, 30 April 2020 11:13 Go to previous message
koldo is currently online  koldo
Senior Veteran
I agree with both of you Smile

Best regards
IƱaki
Previous Topic: Controls4U. removed operator= in EditFile/Folder
Next Topic: plugin/wav does not compile on clang or mingw on windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:19:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01445 seconds