Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Skylark » Skylark - Witz on the fly (In memory witz or dynamic witz)
Skylark - Witz on the fly [message #54062] Thu, 28 May 2020 17:22
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
HTML might be the ultimate portable way for GUI. I remember encountering this situation a while ago: I was working on some program I wrote with U++, then my convertible accidentally switched to tablet mode and keyboard was disabled. On a web browser, a soft keyboard will popup whenever I activated a input field, but there is no way U++ could have predicted this situation and get itself ready for it. Tons of work will be involved to add this functionality (I suppose). I realized, web, with its verbosity, in many cases, indeed makes things easier. As we'd like to stick with the skill set we gained working with U++, Skylark deserves more attention. Laughing

Here is a problem I am facing. I want to create dynamic witz. As Skylark(Http/Renderer) doesn't currently has member function to serve this purpose, I wrote the content to a temporary file and the pass the file to RenderResult. Unfortunately it doesn't work.

Upp::String test=getDB().GetTest(1); // now test has content that a normal witz will hold.
	Upp::String temp=GetTempFileName();
	//temp<<".witz"; // adding a witz extenstion doesn't fix it, as expected.
	Upp::FileStream file(temp,Upp::BlockStream::READWRITE);
	file<<test;
	file.Close();
	http("title","Some Title")("problems","Some Content").RenderResult(temp);
	Upp::FileDelete(temp);
}

Previous Topic: Skylark -- Static files -- CSS and js
Next Topic: witz - handler with variable parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:29:33 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01753 seconds