Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » Compare and contrast - wxPython vs Ultimate++
Compare and contrast - wxPython vs Ultimate++ [message #55132] Tue, 13 October 2020 04:57 Go to next message
jimlef is currently offline  jimlef
Just a fun project I kludged together on a while back, using CSV files for data storage and comparing arrays of numbers. Nothing too difficult...

But for comparison, with Python and wxWidgets (code at https://github.com/phoenixjim/PyLotto - over 500 lines, including glade file)
vs the same functionality with Ultimate++ and C++ (code at https://github.com/phoenixjim/LottoCheck - 272 lines).

Compare that too the 'original' c# code (also at github) - Form2.cs + it's associated files over 750 lines.

And y'all make C++ much easier to accomplish Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2020 22:52] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Compare and contrast - wxPython vs Ultimate++ [message #55140 is a reply to message #55132] Wed, 14 October 2020 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Jim,

It is nice to hear that you have such great successes with U++. I think you could simplify your code even further to decrees the line count Smile

For example you could reduce unnecessary typedef in the class declaration, because in your code you use lambda instead of callback. For more info just read this topic.

Thanks for all good words!

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Compare and contrast - wxPython vs Ultimate++ [message #55141 is a reply to message #55140] Wed, 14 October 2020 03:30 Go to previous message
jimlef is currently offline  jimlef
The kind words were well-earned I assure you - This group of packages puts mighty MS to shame in my opinion, I avoided C++ entirely because of the complexity of starting up with it in their visual studio. Cross-platform is icing on the cake Smile
Thank you for the reference as well, going to look into that

Edit:
Per Klugier's recommendation, in spite of my lack of understanding re: lambda's, I did indeed manage to eliminate all typedefs from the code LOL
after removing several THISFN's (largely menu related), it worked out nicely Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 14 October 2020 18:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: My WIP Port of my simple invoicing app
Next Topic: Linking has failed using mitielib
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:40:28 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03387 seconds