Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Yet another new user
Yet another new user [message #3791] Mon, 26 June 2006 21:52 Go to next message
brianE is currently offline  brianE
Promising Member
Hello All
I have used BCB6 for a while now and am used to being able to design my forms on screen. I came across Upp by chance and have read lots that has been written. So much looks so intriguing that I cannot resist trying it out. But - you can guess this - I am a little stumped over Layout.

I drop an ArrayCtrl on to a form and I immediately want to set the number of rows and columns. You can tell me 'that is not the way' and I will believe you! So, what is The Way? I really do want to play with this but I feel I am going to fall at the first hurdle.

BrianE
Re: Yet another new user [message #3794 is a reply to message #3791] Tue, 27 June 2006 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Have you tried to download this tutorial:
http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th =597&goto=2514#msg_2514
Re: Yet another new user [message #3795 is a reply to message #3791] Tue, 27 June 2006 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
brianE wrote on Mon, 26 June 2006 21:52

I drop an ArrayCtrl on to a form and I immediately want to set the number of rows and columns. You can tell me 'that is not the way' and I will believe you! So, what is The Way? I really do want to play with this but I feel I am going to fall at the first hurdle.

BrianE

Hi Brian,

the number of columns of the ArrayCtrl need to be set in the constructor of the class you have prepared with the designer (or at runtime). Start with the tutorial that Aris has indicated, then post here your code experiment and I'll show you how to perform this task.

Luigi
Re: Yet another new user [message #3796 is a reply to message #3794] Tue, 27 June 2006 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Ah, you mean tudes.rar, don't you? When I tried to decompress it I got a CRC error so I couldn't try it out. I am hoping someone could send me an unzippable copy. Any chance?
Re: Yet another new user [message #3797 is a reply to message #3796] Tue, 27 June 2006 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
brianE wrote on Tue, 27 June 2006 00:26

Ah, you mean tudes.rar, don't you? When I tried to decompress it I got a CRC error so I couldn't try it out. I am hoping someone could send me an unzippable copy. Any chance?

http://www.arilect.com/upp/tutorials/tutdes/DesignerTutorial 0.htm
Author: Luigi Forlano Smile
Re: Yet another new user [message #3798 is a reply to message #3791] Tue, 27 June 2006 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Oh, how thoughtless of me to ask for a copy when posting a URL is so obviously better. Please forgive my selfishness and put it down to over-excitement.

Luigi, it looks great but now is way past my bedtime and I will play with it tomorrow evening. Thank you for your so prompt replies, I like this place more already.

BrianE
Re: Yet another new user [message #3810 is a reply to message #3797] Tue, 27 June 2006 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
OK, I have gone through the tutorial and it is so much clearer now. I guess the Layout is just that - a place to lay out the form and its widgets. The contents belongs in the Constructor. The examples and demos make more sense and I can see a way forward. However, I suspect I will be back with more questions!

BrianE
Re: Yet another new user [message #3811 is a reply to message #3810] Tue, 27 June 2006 22:38 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
brianE wrote on Tue, 27 June 2006 22:25

OK, I have gone through the tutorial and it is so much clearer now. I guess the Layout is just that - a place to lay out the form and its widgets. The contents belongs in the Constructor. The examples and demos make more sense and I can see a way forward. However, I suspect I will be back with more questions!

BrianE

Do not worry, I am here to answer your question... at least the easiest, Smile . For the difficult one we ask help together to other very clever U++ guru that populate this forum.
Do not forget to post the code to make effective and fast the answer.

Luigi

[Updated on: Tue, 27 June 2006 22:39]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Code generator in Designer [FEATURE REQUEST][SOLVED...:)]
Next Topic: wrong layout dimensioning under X11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:43:24 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00882 seconds