Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » OleCalc example can't compile
OleCalc example can't compile [message #56014] Thu, 14 January 2021 11:26 Go to next message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
The package named OleCalc don't compile under windows using MSVS19 or Clang both in 64 bits

Contraty to MSVS, clang have 41 compilations error when MSVS have only 1.
Can someone can confirm me OLE/ activeX control can't be compiled using clang but only with MSVS ?

Also, about MSVS : when I try to compile it the first error which is raise is this one :
template <>
inline unsigned GetHashValue(const Guid& guid) { return GetHashValue(~guid); }

Error C912: the explicit specialization 'unsigned int Upp :: GetHashValue (const Upp :: Guid &)' is not a specialization of a function template

If I try to remove the 'template <>' then the next compilation error is :
error C2259: 'Upp :: OcxObjectWrapper <Calculator>': unable to instantiate abstract class

The IViewObject Draw(...) method is abstract

[Updated on: Thu, 14 January 2021 11:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: OleCalc example can't compile [message #56017 is a reply to message #56014] Thu, 14 January 2021 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Xemuth wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 11:26
The package named OleCalc don't compile under windows using MSVS19 or Clang both in 64 bits

Contraty to MSVS, clang have 41 compilations error when MSVS have only 1.
Can someone can confirm me OLE/ activeX control can't be compiled using clang but only with MSVS ?

Also, about MSVS : when I try to compile it the first error which is raise is this one :
template <>

Error C912: the explicit specialization 'unsigned int Upp :: GetHashValue (const Upp :: Guid &)' is not a specialization of a function template

If I try to remove the 'template <>' then the next compilation error is :
error C2259: 'Upp :: OcxObjectWrapper <Calculator>': unable to instantiate abstract class

The IViewObject Draw(...) method is abstract

I have fixed it a bit, be seriously thing rather about removing the whole OCX stuff. I do not remember using this in practice... and OCX seems to be sort of out of fashion anyway.
Re: OleCalc example can't compile [message #56018 is a reply to message #56017] Thu, 14 January 2021 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Moved Ole to archive. If there is anybody willing to fix it and maintain it, I would be glad to move it back. Or it can be in UppHub...
Re: OleCalc example can't compile [message #56021 is a reply to message #56014] Thu, 14 January 2021 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Mirek !

Quote:
OCX seems to be sort of out of fashion anyway.
Well, a customer asked to implement a ActiveX component Razz
Re: OleCalc example can't compile [message #56023 is a reply to message #56014] Thu, 14 January 2021 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
However, I have no knowledge about ActiveX. This exemple compile but linker tell me "linking has failed" but just under this it tell me
"creation of library ... OleCalc.lib and object OleCalc.exp"

I'm a bit confused. It generate dll and lib. but I thought this exemple was supposed to be a launchable TopWindow Apllicaton which I could drive using OLE ?

[Updated on: Fri, 15 January 2021 13:21]

Re: OleCalc example can't compile [message #57424 is a reply to message #56017] Fri, 06 August 2021 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JeyCi is currently offline  JeyCi

MIDL-compiler needed - for microsoft interface definition language (IDL) files... and it exists only in MSVC, as I understand... nothing changed...
I remember in Borland was easy way to build COMdll - also with ATL - but it was too long since now... and Borland also had its own compiler...
ATL as for smaller projects than MFC, but still resembles MFC, -- are both of rather complicated structure... and it is more difficult to create COM without ATL (rus here example & limitations)...
though really I still don't understand ? Why
mirek wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 14:01
OCX seems to be sort of out of fashion anyway.

- because, AFAIK, all libs in Windows are still interacting with each other like COM-objects... Cool perhaps the reason is just the fashion for NET and thus its "COM Interop" possibilities for managed-and-unmanaged code interaction...
but still only Microsoft gives Active Template Library (ATL) & MIDL-compiler Sad
And, anyway

Also, about MSVS : template <>

I'm just not sure that modern compilers are still very friendly with "inline" (just have read somewhere this - do not remember the source)- perhaps it's worth to refactor this piece of code without "inline"?
p.s.
sorry for my late viewpoint, but still I'm really having some interest in this topic... even in U++... if I will make smth to work (not sure) - of course will publish... in spare time

Best regards.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 August 2021 16:14]

Re: OleCalc example can't compile [message #57425 is a reply to message #56023] Fri, 06 August 2021 10:58 Go to previous message
JeyCi is currently offline  JeyCi
Xemuth wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 18:20
I'm a bit confused. It generate dll and lib. but I thought this exemple was supposed to be a launchable TopWindow Apllicaton

BTW, my upp 13664\uppsrc\Ole\Ctrl\control.cpp is having
#ifdef PLATFORM_WIN32

- just my notifications Smile (still haven't dive into the whole code)

Best regards.
Previous Topic: findarg_r, a findarg variant that works with value ranges.
Next Topic: Horizontal Cursor for CodeEditor/LineEdit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:32:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00797 seconds