Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » XMLMenu
XMLMenu [message #56520] Sun, 21 March 2021 06:22 Go to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Linux, Clang:
/home/buildbot/worker/l-upphub-XMLMenu/build/XMLMenu/examples/TestXMLMenu/TestXMLMenu.cpp:17:4: error: call to member function 'Add' is ambiguous
                .Add("New"                      , callback(dummyCb))
                ~^~~
/home/buildbot/worker/l-upphub-XMLMenu/build/XMLMenu/XMLMenu/XMLCommand.h:89:16: note: candidate function
                XMLCommands &Add(const char *id, Function<void()> cb)
                             ^
/home/buildbot/worker/l-upphub-XMLMenu/build/XMLMenu/XMLMenu/XMLCommand.h:94:16: note: candidate function
                XMLCommands &Add(const char *id, Function<void(XMLToolBar &)> mc)
                             ^

Regards,
Novo
Re: XMLMenu [message #56570 is a reply to message #56520] Thu, 25 March 2021 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I think we should remove this package from UppHub. The reason for this - it is broken on the begging and I assume we do not want to have packages that doesn't work on UppHub.

UppHub package make sense when it has maintainer. In other cases it should be removed from UppHub and set as outdated/broken. I am not interested in this package and I can not find places when XMLMenu should be used over standard menus. If Massimo is not interested then we should remove it... Simple, but true. We need to move forward and forget about deprecated/incompatible packages from legacy bazaar.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: XMLMenu [message #56574 is a reply to message #56570] Fri, 26 March 2021 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
What we really need here is UppHub tzar or steering comittee or something, which is not me....

One reason for UppHub was that I do not have capacity to be involved in bazaar. Unfortunately, it turns out that by helping with the move, I am more involved than ever.. Sad Smile

I really need to be concentrated on uppsrc and theide...

[Updated on: Fri, 26 March 2021 11:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: XMLMenu [message #56575 is a reply to message #56520] Fri, 26 March 2021 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi,

I'm using XMLMenu on a couple of my applications, but on last 2 years I had few time to code, so I let all my
packages alone.

I'm thinking to grab them again and fix in short, but can't tell exactly when...
If you thing you should remove XMLMenu from upphub, just do it. If you prefere to fix it (it should be trivial...), just do it.
I'm convinced that a dockable menu system is useful, but I may be wrong.

I've seen now that some other stuffs from me (like PolyXML) are used in other packages, so they should stay in upphub, or embedded somewhere else, if you prefere.

Best regards

Massimo
Re: XMLMenu [message #56586 is a reply to message #56575] Fri, 26 March 2021 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Fixed
Re: XMLMenu [message #56651 is a reply to message #56586] Wed, 31 March 2021 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Thanks!
For some reason it is not supported on Mac. Theoretically, it shouldn't be a big problem to port it to Mac ...

Regards,
Novo
Re: XMLMenu [message #56745 is a reply to message #56651] Fri, 09 April 2021 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Wed, 31 March 2021 18:25
Thanks!
For some reason it is not supported on Mac. Theoretically, it shouldn't be a big problem to port it to Mac ...

Unfortunately, there seems to be platform specific code in XMLMenu which is not implemented for macos.

Hopefully somebody will fix it over time...
Re: XMLMenu [message #56983 is a reply to message #56745] Thu, 06 May 2021 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Fri, 09 April 2021 11:35

Unfortunately, there seems to be platform specific code in XMLMenu which is not implemented for macos.

Hopefully somebody will fix it over time...

The problem is in drag'n drop behaviour, which is quite platform-dependent.
I'll give a try soon or late, but don't expect it to be fast.
It was already difficult to implement for windows and linux...
Re: XMLMenu [message #56985 is a reply to message #56983] Fri, 07 May 2021 14:27 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
This works in Win32, but not yet in Gtk/Macos:

struct DragTest : TopWindow {
	Rect r;
	bool dragging = false;
	void Layout() override {
		r = GetRect();
	};

void Paint(Draw& w) override {
		w.DrawRect(GetSize(), White());
		w.DrawText(100, 100, AsString(r));
		if(dragging)
			w.DrawText(100, 130, "Dragging");
	}

TimeCallback tm;

DragTest() {
		tm.Set(-10, [=] {
			Rect rr = GetRect();
			if(r != rr) {
				r = rr;
				if(GetMouseLeft())
					dragging = true;
				Refresh();
			}
			if(!GetMouseLeft()) {
				if(dragging) {
					dragging = false;
					Refresh();
				}
			}
		});
	}
};

But the problem is only that GetMouseLeft is not properly updated for timer proc; I think I can fix that and actually SHOULD fix that anyway.

I believe that above functionality is all that you need.

Mirek
Previous Topic: ScatterCtrl & Mac
Next Topic: Const in ScatterDraw
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:56:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01710 seconds