Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Maximum images size in QTF
Maximum images size in QTF [message #56627] Mon, 29 March 2021 20:53 Go to next message
mubeta is currently offline  mubeta
After a long time that I use a program compiled with U++ 13664, and that since then I print QTF documents that always contain the same images, never modified, for about 5 days now, the same images were no longer printed.
I thought it was an error due to unintentional code changes, but after debugging almost all of the "Draw" and "PrinterJob" packages, I only undertstood that the method "DrawImageOp" loop recursively a big amount of times, with no results. Then even after reinstalling the same U++ 13664 package from new, the problem was not solved, until I then did not reduce the pixel size of the images.

2 questions:
a) what is the maximum pixel limit for images in QTF documents?
b) Does the U++ code contain parts of artificial intelligence, capable of deciding for itself until what day to function in a way, and then change?

Thanks.
Re: Maximum images size in QTF [message #56708 is a reply to message #56627] Sun, 04 April 2021 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
There is a bit more logic involved when printing a big image in an attempt to reduce the bandwidth there is sort of RLE compression step that leaves out parts of image that have single color.

I remember fixing something there a while ago; can you try with trunk first?

If it still does not work, testcase would be handy, but I can manage without.

Or you can actually try around Draw/Draw.cpp:156 to replace IsPrinter with false and report results... (that is not a fix, just test whether the problem is caused by that RLE compression).

Mirek
Re: Maximum images size in QTF [message #56724 is a reply to message #56708] Wed, 07 April 2021 09:22 Go to previous message
mubeta is currently offline  mubeta
I would like to help you. I keep one of these problematic QTF file, but in fact today all the prints are succeeded, so I can't test your suggestion.
I also had the doubt that the problem was in some compiled file, not updated and remained old, since then I have also deleted and rebuilt the "out" folder of U++, but I also modified the files by deleting the large images. In short, I can no longer simulate the problem that, as I said, did not happen in the past. Perhaps it was something independent of the source code.
Previous Topic: PDF file from Report
Next Topic: Encoding an image in base64
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:27:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01738 seconds