Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Copying package settings, state/session, and configuration to other systems
Copying package settings, state/session, and configuration to other systems [message #57032] Sun, 16 May 2021 22:06
MattM
Hello,

Is there a way to take a project that is being developed in "TheIDE" on one OS (e.g. macOS) and copy all of its settings, current state/session with opened files, and various configurations (build settings, key binds, etc.) over to another instance of "TheIDE" on another OS (e.g. Windows)? Is there an export process or procedure of some sort to use for preparing the files to copy over? I believe the paths would need to be fixed / normalized but I am not 100% sure how the paths are loaded into "TheIDE" during the open package process. Also, all of the ".cfg" files In the "cfg" folder of any UPP installation are binary (or some specific unknown format to me) so I am not able to edit them or modify them in any useful way (apparently my editing & hex editing skills are not strong enough ... for some reason).

Any insights or advice would be appreciated.

Please and thanks,
Matt

[Updated on: Tue, 18 May 2021 00:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: The IDE on macOS
Next Topic: MacOS 10.11?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:50:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.92366 seconds