Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Is the Layout Designer outdated?
Is the Layout Designer outdated? [message #57057] Tue, 18 May 2021 23:15 Go to next message
MeerMusik is currently offline  MeerMusik
Promising Member

Hello.

I finally started to try to learn UPP. From within the Layout Editor I added a Label and a Button. The basic Layout File then contains:
LAYOUT(TryToLearnUPPGUIPartLayout, 864, 652)
	ITEM(LabelBase, Label1, SetText(t_("\vI am a Label!\n")).SetAlign(ALIGN_CENTER).SetInk(Color(226, 42, 0)).LeftPosZ(340, 72).TopPosZ(64, 52))
	ITEM(Upp::Button, Button1, LeftPosZ(204, 368).TopPosZ(192, 168))
END_LAYOUT

When I try to compile this, I always end up with with the Error Message
C:/Dev/GitRepos/AKKomPolToolUPP/TryToLearnUPPGUIPart/TryToLearnUPPGUIPart.lay (2): error: 'class Upp::LabelBase' has no member named 'LeftPosZ'

Same is true for TopPosZ. I also get this Error:
C:/Dev/upp/uppsrc/CtrlCore/lay0.h (59): error: 'class Upp::LabelBase' has no member named 'LayoutId'

The only thing I have changed is giving the Items an Name. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Tue, 18 May 2021 23:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is the Layout Designer outdated? [message #57058 is a reply to message #57057] Tue, 18 May 2021 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello MeerMusik,

From what you describe, is it possible that you manually type "LabelBase" in the layour editor?

Because LabelBase is not itself a Ctrl. The correct ctrl should be Label or LabelBox. That's why you are getting the error.

Correct items are available under the right click (context) menu -> static submenu.

Or you can select or change them in the dropdown menu:

index.php?t=getfile&id=6453&private=0

or you can type Upp::Label, if you prefer to edit the layout file manually.

ITEM(Upp::Label, Label1, SetLabel(t_("I am a label")).SetAlign(ALIGN_CENTER).SetInk(Color(226, 42, 0)).LeftPosZ(281, 72).TopPosZ(93, 52))

Best regards,
Oblivion
  • Attachment: designer.png
    (Size: 26.32KB, Downloaded 294 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 18 May 2021 23:52]

[Solved] Re: Is the Layout Designer outdated? [message #57059 is a reply to message #57058] Wed, 19 May 2021 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member

No I did not typed that. I did a right click and added it from the Context Menu. No Idea what went wrong. I fixed it now. Also what confused me for a while: In the C++ Header File I have to write "LabelBase Label1" but in the Layout File it is just Upp::Label - guess that is Part of the Charme of UPP. And here I thought Qt was doing some weird mixed things. Seems UPP is doing even more things to achieve that "Less Lines of Code Concept" Smile

Thank you anyway!
[Solved] Re: Is the Layout Designer outdated? [message #57060 is a reply to message #57059] Wed, 19 May 2021 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello MeerMusik,

Quote:

Also what confused me for a while: In the C++ Header File I have to write "LabelBase Label1" but in the Layout File it is just Upp::Label - guess that is Part of the Charme of UPP.

Layout file is just a simple C++ file, there is nothing magical, no special processing, really. Only a couple of C++ macros (to simplify templating, and naming).

This:

struct MyWindow : TopWindow {
 Label label1;
 MyWindow()
 {
	Title("Window title").Sizeable().Zoomable().SetRect(0,0,640, 400);
	Add(label1. SetLabel(t_("I am a label")).SetInk(Color(226, 42, 0)).LeftPosZ(13, 243).TopPosZ(20, 144));
 }
};

İs not different than this:

Layout:
LAYOUT(MyWindowLayout, 640, 400)
	ITEM(Upp::Label, Label1, SetLabel(t_("I am a label")).SetInk(Color(226, 42, 0)).LeftPosZ(13, 243).TopPosZ(20, 144))
END_LAYOUT

Cpp:

#define LAYOUTFILE <MyWindow/MyWindow.lay>
#include <CtrlCore/lay.h>

class MyWindow : public WithMyWindowLayout<TopWindow> {
public:
	MyWindow()
	{
		CtrlLayout(*this, "Window title");
	}
};

The layout code does the ctrl instantiating for you. That's all. While the latter may seem complex at first glance, it actually simplifies things a lot, if you build complex GUIs. Not to mention it relies on C++ templating rules so the errors will be catched by the c++ compiler on compile-time.

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Wed, 19 May 2021 00:51]

Re: [Solved] Re: Is the Layout Designer outdated? [message #57061 is a reply to message #57060] Wed, 19 May 2021 01:04 Go to previous message
Promising Member

Thanks for the Detailed Explanation! Thumbs Up
Previous Topic: Layout designer distorts .lay files
Next Topic: How to plot a PIE chart in Form?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:44:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01236 seconds