Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » The grid seems nonsense in layout designer
The grid seems nonsense in layout designer [message #57201] Thu, 10 June 2021 14:26 Go to next message
renyiyuan is currently offline  renyiyuan
Promising Member
In layout designer, the grid occupies only a small area. We can not depend on the grid to align the Ctrls. This may be a bug.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6468&private=0
Re: The grid seems nonsense in layout designer [message #57206 is a reply to message #57201] Fri, 11 June 2021 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
renyiyuan wrote on Thu, 10 June 2021 14:26
In layout designer, the grid occupies only a small area. We can not depend on the grid to align the Ctrls. This may be a bug.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6468&private=0

I have to say I am really confused about the screenshot and the message... Smile

- grid is not activated there (the button is switched off)
- what is that "visual" grid ? Is that something you have added to illustrate the problem?

Other than that, from quick testing, it seems to work just fine... If it does not work for you, we will need to establish the how to reproduce the problem.

Mirek
Re: The grid seems nonsense in layout designer [message #57225 is a reply to message #57201] Sun, 13 June 2021 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Sorry, I did not clarify it clearly.
The problem is that the grid area is smaller than the whole form window and I think it should be as large as the form window. I can add ctrls out of the grid area and this is confused, right? I have tried lazarus and the whole form is just the grid.
And more, after enabling the use grid,the process of anchoring ctrls to the grid is not very perceptible.
Re: The grid seems nonsense in layout designer [message #57228 is a reply to message #57225] Sun, 13 June 2021 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
renyiyuan wrote on Sun, 13 June 2021 07:47
Sorry, I did not clarify it clearly.
The problem is that the grid area is smaller than the whole form window and I think it should be as large as the form window. I can add ctrls out of the grid area and this is confused, right? I have tried lazarus and the whole form is just the grid.
And more, after enabling the use grid,the process of anchoring ctrls to the grid is not very perceptible.

Uhm, but this not what I see when testing... But maybe the problem is "what is the grid":

- in case of layout designer it simply means that position are rounded to some multiply of logical coordinates.

This really works, actually it works even if the widget is completely OUTSIDE of layout (aka form window). I would notice if it did not (editing several layouts every day...).

What comes to mind: The grid is temoprarily deactivated if you hold the Alt key. Can that be the source of confusion?

[Updated on: Sun, 13 June 2021 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The grid seems nonsense in layout designer [message #57229 is a reply to message #57228] Sun, 13 June 2021 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I fixed the issue. The problem here is that the gird (available through Edit -> Settings -> Paint Grid) was not rendered on the whole layout area. More details in commit.

renyiyuan you can download tomorrows (14.06.2021) nightly and test. Of course, thank you for the bug report and welcome in our community! Smile

Screenshot from fixed version:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6470&private=0

Klugier
  • Attachment: FixedGrid.png
    (Size: 24.29KB, Downloaded 284 times)

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 June 2021 14:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The grid seems nonsense in layout designer [message #57231 is a reply to message #57201] Sun, 13 June 2021 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Thanks Klugier and Mirek. You are so friendly and helpful. I feel at home.
Re: The grid seems nonsense in layout designer [message #57232 is a reply to message #57229] Sun, 13 June 2021 20:11 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Sun, 13 June 2021 14:31
Hello Mirek,

I fixed the issue. The problem here is that the gird (available through Edit -> Settings -> Paint Grid) was not rendered on the whole layout area. More details in commit.

renyiyuan you can download tomorrows (14.06.2021) nightly and test. Of course, thank you for the bug report and welcome in our community! Smile

Screenshot from fixed version:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6470&private=0

Klugier

Ah, sorry, I completely forgot about that option. Thanks for the fix!

Mirek
Previous Topic: Patch for umk: create compile_commands.json file
Next Topic: [BUG] Show assembler output menu item stays hidden (requires manual intervention)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:47:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03959 seconds