Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Need pointers for USB HID (to control a DSO from OWON by WIN or LIN)
Need pointers for USB HID [message #58184] Sun, 13 March 2022 07:19 Go to next message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

Greetings all

I've been away from PC side coding for quite a while and I am totally blind on how to implement USB HID interface with an OWON Digital Storage Oscilloscope (DSO) for Windows and / or Linux.

I am requesting for any pointers to example code that may be easy for a newbie level person to follow though I have done some work in UPP in the past.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Need pointers for USB HID [message #58185 is a reply to message #58184] Sun, 13 March 2022 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zbych is currently offline  Zbych
First step should be checking if somebody already created communication library.
If not (which I doubt), check HID usage tables reported by device
https://www.usb.org/hid
https://www.usb.org/sites/default/files/documents/hut1_12v2. pdf

If your device reports back as "generic hid", you need to get a description of "reports" that device recognizes, since they are device specific.

To be honest, I really doubt that your oscilloscope uses USB HID class, it is just to slow to send measurement information to a PC.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2022 20:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need pointers for USB HID [message #58186 is a reply to message #58185] Mon, 14 March 2022 03:54 Go to previous message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

The protocol supported by the USB device is called UHCI_HCD. I found a sample code online called owondump and am trying to get it to compile, but it failed complaining of libudev.h being missing. I just installed the libudev-dev package and hope the example code will compile. That will be a good starting point I think.

Regards
Previous Topic: install u++ in centos 7
Next Topic: SaveFile progress tracking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:57:48 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01105 seconds