Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » 2022.3rc5
2022.3rc5 [message #59410] Fri, 23 December 2022 09:52 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
- fixed problem with console colors in certain Linux settings

https://sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/2022.3rc5/

[Updated on: Sat, 24 December 2022 15:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2022.3rc4 [message #59411 is a reply to message #59410] Fri, 23 December 2022 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

I looked into the menu item text color issue on Windows 11, and discovered that it is related to the fix #97 in ChWin32.cpp by Klugier on September 2022. While it fixed the light theme menu item text colors visibility, it makes dark theme look bad, i.e. it now uses black menu item text on dark selection bar. The text should obviously remain white here. Could you please look at this?

Best regards,

Tom
Re: 2022.3rc4 [message #59412 is a reply to message #59411] Fri, 23 December 2022 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Tom,

Could you share a screenshot with the issue? For me everything looks fine on the latest Windows11 version 22H2.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6731&private=0

Also, please compare to what Windows displays in other applications such as file explore. I can say that it is exactly the same for black and light themes. Please noticed that 22H2 version of Windows11 changed the style of menu bars and made the more similar to what we have in Windows10. If the issue is reproducible on older version of Windows11 and it is fine for WIndows10 I would ignore it. 21H2 supports ends on 10th of October 2023.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 December 2022 13:53]

Re: 2022.3rc4 [message #59414 is a reply to message #59412] Fri, 23 December 2022 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi Klugier,

You're right. I have W11 22H1 in the office and that shows the problem. However, W11 22H2 (here at home) works correctly, so it's all good. I do not think we need to fix previous W11 since it will eventually be updated everywhere anyway.

Thanks and best regards,

Tom

Re: 2022.3rc4 [message #59423 is a reply to message #59410] Sat, 24 December 2022 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lindquist is currently offline  lindquist
Hi,
Found a problem in the release. When creating a "clip" for DoDragAndDrop, when using AppendFiles to build the clip, then program receiving the dropped file will see a list of single char paths.

The problem seems to be in the String -> WString conversion. Changing AppendFiles to use just String (and unicode=false), it works just fine.

eg.

// somethings broken here
	String dropFile = ConfigFile("foobar");
	VectorMap<String, ClipData> clip;
	AppendFiles(clip, { dropFile } );
	if (DoDragAndDrop(clip, img, DND_COPY) == DND_COPY) {
		// receiver sees {"f","o","o","b","a","r" } not "foobar"
	}

I hope this report is sufficient.
Re: 2022.3rc4 [message #59424 is a reply to message #59410] Sat, 24 December 2022 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bug with drag and drop and TabBar.

The following program, lets you drag an icon from the main window.

When doing so, as the dragging passes over hte TabBar, the program crashes:

#include <CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h>
#include <TabBar/TabBar.h>

using namespace Upp;

struct DragTabBug : TopWindow {
	TabBar tabs;
	DragTabBug() {
		AddFrame(tabs);
	}
	void LeftDrag(Point p, dword keyflags) override {
		Image i = CtrlImg::new_doc();
		VectorMap<String, ClipData> clip;
		Append(clip, i);
		DoDragAndDrop(clip, i);
	}
};

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
	DragTabBug win;
	win.Run();
}

ie. Click and drag the background, while dragging, move the cursor across the tabbar.

[Updated on: Sat, 24 December 2022 11:09]

Re: 2022.3rc4 [message #59425 is a reply to message #59424] Sat, 24 December 2022 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Quote:

Bug with drag and drop and TabBar.

The following program, lets you drag an icon from the main window.

When doing so, as the dragging passes over hte TabBar, the program crashes:

This is due to an out-of-bounds access. (access violation)

I've made a pull request to add a check.

Best regards,
Oblivion

Re: 2022.3rc4 [message #59426 is a reply to message #59424] Sat, 24 December 2022 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Lindquist and Mirek,

Thank you for raising this issue! I confirm that this issue is critical in the context of release. It is with us since 2022.1 when we introduced wchar that is 4 bytes length. The problem is that winapi requires 2 bytes instead of 4 bytes. The problem is with AppendFiles:
void AppendFiles(VectorMap<String, ClipData>& clip, const Vector<String>& files)
{
	WString wfiles;
	for(int i = 0; i < files.GetCount(); i++)
		wfiles << files[i].ToWString() << (wchar)0;
	sDROPFILES h;
	h.unicode = true;
	h.offset = sizeof(h);
	GetCursorPos(&h.pt);
	h.nc = TRUE;
	String data;
	data.Cat((byte *)&h, sizeof(h));
	data.Cat((byte *)~wfiles, 2 * (wfiles.GetCount() + 1)); // Windows wants 2 bytes unicode string instead of 4 bytes we are providing
	clip.GetAdd("files") = ClipData(data);
}

Mirek, you should be able to propose the best solution here since you know the WString 4 bytes internals very well. I would opt for something like using ToSystemCharset on files to make sure that we have proper encoding.

The bug can be reproduce with reference/DropFiles example. In this case you can not drop files from the window.

The issue is only reproduce on Windows.

Klugier

[Updated on: Sat, 24 December 2022 13:14]

Re: 2022.3rc4 [message #59427 is a reply to message #59426] Sat, 24 December 2022 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
rc5 uploaded... Smile
Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59430 is a reply to message #59410] Sun, 25 December 2022 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Merry christmas

I tried the latest master and the drag and drop issue is fixed. That's awesome. Thanks!

However, as I moved to the ultimatepp master, assist++ has gotten a lot worse. I get a lot of errors indicated in the editor, that are not a problem when compiling.
ie. the code compiles and runs fine, but theide editor insists that it's full of errors, like:

index.php?t=getfile&id=6738&private=0
  • Attachment: 1Capture.PNG
    (Size: 20.14KB, Downloaded 378 times)
Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59431 is a reply to message #59430] Sun, 25 December 2022 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a chat with Klugier on Discord, and after copying the "bin" dir into my git master checkout, it works fine!
Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59433 is a reply to message #59431] Mon, 26 December 2022 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

You added crash handling once TheIDE crashed. Recently, I had a crash on Linux and obtained this prompt on startup:
TheIDE has crashed the last time it was run. As the possible cause is libclang incompatibility, we are disabling Assist features for now.
You can have them reenabled in Setup / Settings..

I think it should be yes/no option. Most of the time I do not want to disable libclang and there is no 100% that the crash was caused by libclang. Going into setting and switch assist back is from my point of view too much in the additional work I need to do. Please consider changing this behavior before release...

The sad news is that the crash is still there, however the rerpoduction scenario is not so easy. I switched main package several time.

Klugier

[Updated on: Mon, 26 December 2022 22:46]

Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59434 is a reply to message #59410] Mon, 26 December 2022 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hi,

For some reason, I can't get clangd/TheIDE work on Linux (archlinux, up-to-date, clang 14.0.6);
No assist,no autocomplete, and the navigator is empty. Log says:

01:20:55:490 INFO  LoadLibClang0(): libclang path: "/usr/lib/libclang.so"

And I always get the below error message, which is not very helpful...

libclang additional compiler options do not seem do be correct. Assist might not work.

I have no idea what those additional compiler options should be.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Oblivion

Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59435 is a reply to message #59434] Tue, 27 December 2022 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Oblivion wrote on Mon, 26 December 2022 23:49
Hi,

For some reason, I can't get clangd/TheIDE work on Linux (archlinux, up-to-date, clang 14.0.6);
No assist,no autocomplete, and the navigator is empty. Log says:

01:20:55:490 INFO  LoadLibClang0(): libclang path: "/usr/lib/libclang.so"

And I always get the below error message, which is not very helpful...

libclang additional compiler options do not seem do be correct. Assist might not work.

I have no idea what those additional compiler options should be.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Oblivion

These are in settings/assist. The original reason is to allow activating c++20. The semantics is basically the same as compiler options in build method, however as Assist is not really connected to build method (well, it fetches include paths for the most likely clang build method, but that might not be one with c++20), it needs separate set.

Mirek
Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59437 is a reply to message #59434] Tue, 27 December 2022 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Anyway, that error means clang_parseTranslationUnit, which usually is caused by invalid commandline. If you have time, please try to investigate in Clang::Parse ide/clang/clang.cpp:77
Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59439 is a reply to message #59433] Tue, 27 December 2022 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Mon, 26 December 2022 22:44

The sad news is that the crash is still there, however the rerpoduction scenario is not so easy. I switched main package several time.

Klugier

That is a clue (and also explains why I am not getting these, I rarely switch, prefer to start a new theide at all times).

Maybe when switching while current file parsing is running? Does it crash soon after switching?
Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59440 is a reply to message #59439] Tue, 27 December 2022 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I see one problem - while switching package in single TheIDE instance mode the build continues. It means that for example you select ide package and start the build. In the meanwhile you decided to hit CTRL+M and switch package to other one. The build for previously selected package continues. This is very risky behavior and can lead to unexpected behaviors like crashes and faulty debug session.

The possible fix Ide/idebar.cpp):
menu.Add(AK_SETMAIN, IdeImg::MainPackage(), THISBACK(NewMainPackage))
			.Enable(!IdeIsDebugLock() && !IdeIsBuilding())
			.Help("Select global configuration (var), select / add main project package");

Problems with above implementation:
- it blocks spawning new main package in non single window mode which is not the best approch
- i think it would be better to stop build while changing the main package in single window instance. The same is true for indexing. It should be canceled before switching to new package.

Please do not fix this issue by making "Open main package"creates the new theide instead of just changing main package" the default option. For basic users current behavior is more friendly. However, we need to make it more isolated.

------
What about relaxing crash dialog to (yes/no) instead of simple always turn off. As I previously said non all crashes all caused by assist and turning it of in such cases doesn't make sens and do not fix the problem. Message that should be migrated from PromptOK to PromptYesNo:
TheIDE has crashed the last time it was run. As the possible cause is libclang incompatibility, we are disabling Assist features for now.
You can have them reenabled in Setup / Settings..

Klugier

Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59565 is a reply to message #59437] Sun, 05 February 2023 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

Quote:

Anyway, that error means clang_parseTranslationUnit, which usually is caused by invalid commandline. If you have time, please try to investigate in Clang::Parse ide/clang/clang.cpp:77

I am still baffled by the problem. Couldn't make the new assist run on my Linux (ArchLinux) machines.
It works fine on Windows and is very cool.

It appears that clang.cpp:138, clang_parseTranslationUnit() function fails all the time, as I constantly see "failed commandline" message in the console. Logs don't show any error though...

So, I've dumped the values of main variables of the the Clang::Parse method (txt file is attached).

Where should I look at or what do you see wrong in these dumps?

Best regards,
Oblivion
  • Attachment: dump.txt
    (Size: 7.91KB, Downloaded 33 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 05 February 2023 16:37]

Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59566 is a reply to message #59565] Sun, 05 February 2023 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Uhm all seems fine.

I would perhaps start by removing argv items until *maybe* it returns something else than NULL...
Re: 2022.3rc5 [message #59567 is a reply to message #59566] Mon, 06 February 2023 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

It didn't work but I've got a more detailed error -instead of plain nullptr- by using clang_parseTranslationUnit2() function, which returns an enum, defined in CxErrorCode.h):

/**
  * An AST deserialization error has occurred.
  */
 CXError_ASTReadError = 4

I'll dig deeper, but if this gives you any hints, please let me know.

Best regards,
Oblivion

Previous Topic: ide insert data/timestep/GUID
Next Topic: clang-format integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:36:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01239 seconds